This Welcome UK Scholarships 2022-2023 batch is now open for online applications for applicants interested to study for free in the UK for various degree programs.
Coverage of Welcome Scholarships in UK
An International Master’s Fellowship is for 30 months unless you want to hold it on a part-time basis. The first 12 months should be dedicated to doing a taught Master of Science (MSc) course at a recognized center of excellence anywhere in the world.
The following 18 months is for your research project at an eligible organization in a low- or middle-income country.
The welcome scholarship award of £120,000 provides support for:
If your taught course or training is in the UK, you can use £16,000 a year (outside London) or £18,000 a year (in London) to cover the cost of your stipend.
If your course or training is outside the UK, you should check living costs with your prospective training organization travel costs (eg outward and return airfares) approved tuition fees, according to the rate charged by the training organization.
If you have to move to take up the post at your host organization, you can use up to £1,000 to pay for these costs.
Salary coverage during master’s degree:
- You can only receive one salary. If you already have a salary, your host organization may use it to pay the person who replaces you.
- They will fund the total cost of your salary for the full 30 months of the grant.
- You should ask your host organization to calculate your salary.
It should reflect the skills, responsibilities, and expertise needed to carry out the role, and include:
- your basic salary
- employer’s contributions, including any statutory obligations (eg National Insurance contributions if you’re
- based in the UK) and pension scheme costs
- any incremental progression up the salary scale
- locally recognized allowances such as the London allowance.
For Year 1 include any known pay awards for this period or an assumed percentage equivalent to our current inflation rate of 2.0% if this hasn’t been confirmed.
Your salary should automatically increase from Year 2 onwards, based on our current inflation allowance rates.
UK Study Visa and work permit costs
If Welcome is going to pay your salary on the grant, you can use your fellowship funds to pay for visa costs to help you take up the post at your host organization. You can also use them for:
- Immigration Health Surcharge costs.
- Essential associated costs, such as travel to attend appointments at a visa application center or embassy.
Eligibility to apply for Welcome Scholarship
You can apply for an International Master’s Fellowship if:
- you’re a national of a low- or middle-income country
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
Your research proposal:
Your research proposal should be within our science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
When they consider your application, they’ll look at them:
- quality and importance of your research question(s)
- feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- suitability of your choice of research environments
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course you select – it should take place at a recognized center of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
How to apply for the Welcome Scholarship of the UK?
It’s important to check that your application is competitive. Please read the advice in the ‘Eligibility and suitability’ section above before you apply.
They encourage you to discuss your application with your sponsor and research supervisor. They will give you advice about the intellectual quality and importance of your project. They will also help you to decide whether it’s the right time for you to apply.
They also encourage you to contact your research office at your host organization as early as possible in the application process. They should be able to advise you on:
- how to structure your application, including the budget
- What information is needed to support your proposal on how much time your host organization will need to approve your application after you submit it?
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED