FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of WASH Technical Advisor for the anticipated USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening activity. The RING II activity aims to enhance the wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations in 17 districts of northern Ghana through three primary objectives: (1) Local governments plan, finance and deliver essential services that respond to the population’s needs; (2) Local government, non-governmental and private entities collectively implement solutions to improve household resilience and wellbeing; and (3) Citizens influence local service delivery.
This is a full-time position based in Tamale, Ghana for a duration of five years. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
The WASH Technical Advisor will be responsible for technical leadership of the WASH programming of the project. They will bring innovation and best practices in strengthening government systems in WASH and also work with local organizations and private sector to improve WASH services for communities. They will also provide mentorship and oversight to project staff and project partners.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentorship for building the capacity of local government, non-governmental organizations, and private businesses for planning and implementation of WASH activities.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts, implementing partners’ technical staff, and other FHI 360 departments and projects.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the project team to ensure that activities are coordinated and implemented on schedule and within budget.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports as required by FHI 360 and USAID.
- Master’s degree in public health, engineering, or a closely related field is required.
- Eight to eleven (8-11) years of experience, with increasing technical and management responsibilities in a related field such as WASH, private sector engagement and/or local governance, including integration of WASH and nutrition programming to improve household resilience and wellbeing.
- Extensive experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ghana.
- Demonstrated ability to advise host country officials at the ministerial level as well as non-governmental organizations and businesses, and create and maintain effective working relationships with international and local stakeholders, businesses, NGOs, sub-contractors, and U.S. Government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to build the capacity of government, non-governmental, and private entities in the provision of WASH services.
- Demonstrated excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Ongoing
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED