Walulel Calls For Job Applications
Are you one of life’s logicians? The sort of person who would rather gain understanding by seeing distribution as opposed to opinions? The sort of person who would rather draw conclusions from Large samples as opposed to newsfeed snippets. If this sounds like you, we want to work with you. Walulel Calls For Job Applications
Why are we after life’s logicians you ask? The answer lies in the nature of the problem we’re solving. A few years ago a merry band of engineers, auctioneers, coders, cartographers who’ve since racked up over 30,000 hours wrestling with servers, algorithms and GIS Systems, (all so our users don’t have to!), came together to demystify “place”. Everything happens somewhere but getting quality, intelligible data on the quality of places is made harder than it needs to be! Whilst our mission is to change that, it takes a special set of skills to help effect the change we want.
Why are we hiring
We’re proud of us, but now we want to move from good to great! You will be joining the company in a period of growth as we seek to launch version 2.0 of our platform hence, our need for even more resources to understand and analyse the data we have.
In this key role, after an initial period of onboarding and familiarisation with our ways, you’ll have the opportunity to further hone and demonstrate your quantitative skills, whilst building complex statistical models and optimisations. You will deliver analysis supporting algorithmic assumptions as well as undertake discrete research projects. You will also be expected produce analysis and reports for reviews of data.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
We are looking for someone who is highly numerate, with a graduate, or postgraduate, degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Urban Planning, Property Management or another numerate subject.
Most importantly, we are looking for people with domain knowledge. Being able to evidence domain knowledge is in our view, the strongest indicator that you have the requisite curiosity to help contribute to the mission.
POSITION: Senior Urban Data Scientist
Do you have:
- Firstly, an awareness of the urban-data governance and publications regime(s);
- Secondly, an understanding of the primary urban-data sources and key stakeholders; and
- Finally, an appreciation of the commercial opportunities and current shortcomings in the urban data data policy space.
After all, programming skills can be honed with time and statistical competence can be gained by doing.
What else would be good?
- Experience in using SQL is a major plus;
- Statistical analysis experience using R is a major plus;
- Data visualisation/storytelling experience is a strong differentiator;
- A working knowledge of descriptive statistics and inference methodologies will make you stand out;
- Strong presentation capabilities to present insight; and
- Domain knowledge about real-estate finance, real-estate development, real-estate law and/or urban planning.
Why work with Walulel?
You’ll join the early stages of Walulel, a company with a friendly team of highly-skilled, ambitious and motivated individuals who work collaboratively to achieve a common goal of delivering impactful analysis. We work closely together to develop statistical models, solve complex business problems and identify opportunities so as to show people the places they already know in a manner they’ve never seen before.
You’ll have the capability to learn and develop a deep understanding of urban data, distribution and operating models. You should be confident, self-motivated and can work collaboratively. You’ll also have a desire for continued professional development and a good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
We have two offices in two continents that host a working environment that’s as flexible as you need it to be. Benefits, bonuses and equity are all marked to market.
How to apply
We cannot always guarantee we’ll see applications submitted to LinkedIn so please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, together with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to [email protected]
Closing Date : 27th May. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- United Nations Population Fund New Jobs
- Job Vacancy Notice || Rural Bank Jobs for May 2022
- Apply Now || Donewell Insurance Ltd Job Opportunities
- Current Aviation Jobs in Ghana 2022
- Social Housing Company Available Jobs
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED