VIS GHANA is a recognized Italian NGO working in Ghana since 2015. The organization is established in the Greater Accra and Bono and Bono East region, with an office in Ashaiman and one in Sunyani, implementing development projects in partnership with the Salesians of Don Bosco.
The main sectors of intervention in the country are migration and development; education, professional training; capacity building; environment.
POSITION: Italian teacher
Currently, VIS GHANA is implementing the project “”Pre-departure training courses to favor the social and working integration of legal migrants in Italy” financed by the Asylum Migration and Integration Fund.
One of the main objectives of the project is to provide Ghanaian people who have applied for a family reunion visa in Italy with a good basic knowledge of the Italian language and a better understanding of civics and citizenship education.
VIS will organize an Italian language course (for beginners – A1) in collaboration with the Embassy of Italy in Ghana and under the supervision of the University for Foreigners of Siena.
The teacher will be responsible for the management and implementation of an Italian language course whose aim is to develop basic Italian speaking, writing, and listening skills and promote knowledge of Italian and European citizenship: two factors that will encourage participants’ social and cultural integration once they arrive in Italy.
The course will be held in the presence or online: the course modality will be chosen according to participants’ needs. The entire course has a duration of 80 hours (40 hours per month).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Elaborate the curriculum of the Italian language course (level A1 of the CEFRL) and civic education in accordance with the indications given by the Linguistic Focal Point and with students’ needs.
- Definition of the objectives of the course and of an effective way of communication with the participants of the course.
- Selection of didactical materials and tools and distribution to the students.
- Develop homework assignments.
- Fill in the register of the course and the timesheets of the lessons.
- Keep track of students’ progress.
- Keep relationships with the referents of the project and regularly report to them.
- Write a final report of the course.
Required Skills or Experience
- Proficiency in the Italian language.
- Knowledge of the English language, minimum level B1.
- MA in Italian teaching, Literature, and Philosophy.
- Excellent communication and relation skills.
- Competency-based approach.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the students.
- Flexibility, intercultural competencies, and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter, together with any language certificate you may possess, to [email protected]
Deadline: 23rd January 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED