USP Ghana Calls For Job Applications
Job Title: Global Standards 1 (GS1) Consultant
USP is an independent scientific organization that works with the world’s leading health and science professionals to create quality standards for medications, nutritional supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together over 1,100 brilliant experts across five global sites to deliver on its aim of increasing the global supply of safe, high-quality medications and supplements.
Moreover, USP is a proud equal employment opportunity (EEOE) and affirmative action company. Sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class are not considered in employment selection or related decisions. We are committed to collaborating with and making reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruitment agencies and is not liable for fees charged by recruiters or other agencies unless specifically agreed to in writing by USP.
Responsibilities and Roles
- Examine the current status of GS1 implementation in the relevant country.
- Participate in the creation of a national pharmaceutical traceability strategy.
- Create training and workshop materials for GS1 awareness, adoption, and implementation.
- Provides technical assistance to MRAs in producing GS1 guidelines and supporting documentation for effective country adoption.
- Develops a scope that leads to a national framework that includes:
- Phases of implementation proposed
- Key characteristics of multi-dimensional barcodes, such as 2D matrix barcodes or QR codes
- Proposes essential changes to the existing statute. Legislation must enable the development of a traceable architecture, supporting policies, and the implementation of realistic and achievable objectives.
- Collaborates with GS1 (global and local offices, if applicable) on regulatory, guidelines, and training feedback.
- In terms of GS1 standards advocacy and implementation for pharmaceuticals, serves as a technical resource among the PQM+ technical RSS workforce.
- Help the PQM+ Center of Excellence develop and disseminate PQM+ methodology materials linked to GS1 standards.
- Contributes to the creation of PQM+ technical approach tools applicable to GS1.
- Other duties as delegated by the program manager in West Africa, Senior Technical Advisor, RSS, or Senior Technical Director
Required Qualifications or Experience
- Eight (8) years of expertise in the pharmaceutical supply chain, pharmaceutical regulation, regulatory functions, and, in particular, hands-on experience with the implementation of GS1 codes for medications
- Solid knowledge and grasp of pharmaceutical system rules and practices in Africa and Asia.
- Master’s degree or higher in regulatory affairs, pharmacy, public health, pharmaceutical science, chemistry, engineering, or a related discipline is required.
- Strong written (particularly technical writing) and oral communication abilities in English (French is an asset).
- Practical expertise in assisting medication regulatory bodies and producers in adopting GS1 codes.
- The ability to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Working experience in essential functions in the Medicines Supply Chain, an MRA, or an organization offering technical help to develop medicine quality assurance systems is required.
- Experience assisting regulatory bodies in creating legal provisions on data standards for adoption, system type, data career, and so on.
- Experience making step-by-step plans for using GS1 standards for important regulatory tasks like product registration and authorization for the market, lab access and testing, and product traceability and recall (PMS).
- Direct implementation experience with USAID-funded programs.
- The estimated performance period will commence in January 2024 and end on September 30, 2024.
How to Apply for this USP Ghana Job
Please email your CV, three references, and hourly rate to Erica Asante-Yeboah at GHProcurement@USP.org before November 29, 2023.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED