The Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist at USAID is expected to work primarily in accomplishing the specific tasks as outlined below.
Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist Details
- Given the nature of the position, the Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist will also be expected to respond to any changes in priorities that emerge during the contract period to provide efficient, timely, and effective services to the Missions and OUs.
- The Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist will oversee the contractual actions for multiple USAID portfolios that are estimated at over $200 Million.
- Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist will represent Regional Acquisition and Assistance Office (RAAO) and the SCO in providing design feedback for new activities and will be responsible for reviewing A&A package documents to ensure completion in preparation for final review and approval by the Contracting/Agreement Officer.
- The Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist will report to the Supervisory Contracting Officer and may be called upon to manage one or more technical portfolios.
- The Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist will be responsible for mentoring up to four (4)
- Cooperating Country National (CCN) staff members and is expected to further develop these employees skills.
The Senior A&A Specialist will be located within USAID/West Africa and will work with USAID/WA RAAO located in Accra, Ghana. The Senior A&A Specialist will work on actions relating to USAID/West Africa, Benin, Cameroon, and Cote dIvoire.
Travel is necessary to countries served by USAID/West Africa.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist is responsible for the wide range of A&A support services to the Missions, will function as a Team Lead reporting to the SCO and will manage office workload as well as one or more technical portfolios and Operating Units.
A comprehensive and up to date knowledge of A&A processes and procedures is essential as little of the work involves repetitive actions and is assigned based on project support needs.
The Senior A&A Specialist must provide informed technical assistance necessary to execute a full range of procurement actions, including but not limited to the following:
- Cost-reimbursement and fixed price contracts, task orders, delivery orders, purchase orders, blanket purchase agreements, grants, cooperative agreements, grants to public international organizations, interagency agreements, fixed amount awards, and other agreements and award types;
- Various modifications to all of the above;
- Other miscellaneous administrative requirements associated with A&A awards;
- The provision of training, mentoring, and coaching to Mission staff, especially RAAO staff and designated Agreement Officer’s Representatives (AORs) and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs), and local partners; and
- The Senior A&A Specialist must be able to discuss and assess situations with a degree of expertise sufficient to provide the basis for well-founded recommendations to senior Mission management and the SCO.
A clear understanding of the differences between acquisition and assistance in achieving USAID’s operation and strategic development is essential. Both the underlying purposes, as defined in law, and the different relationships, as reflected in the different terms and conditions, must be understood at a level that permits the specialist to effectively and accurately represent U.S.
Government policy to outside organizations and to a full range of programmatic and administrative officials within USAID/WA up to the level of Mission Director.
- S/he must perform a full range of pre-award and post-award duties described below with
- Actions will be highly complex and represent critical Agency objectives with short
- S/he must be available to Mission staff for consultation on all aspects of procurement from the procurement planning stage through to the administration stage.
- The Senior A&A Specialist must also provide expert advice on program objectives, budgetary issues, and procurement policy.
- S/he must be a recognized technical expert able to independently interact with high-level officials to obtain advance approvals for critical actions.
- This requires extensive knowledge of the USAID and Federal Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR and FAR), USAID assistance regulations (2 CFR 200 and 700, 2 CFR 228), OMB Circulars, the USAID Automated Directive System, the Department of State Standard Regulations (DSSR), USAID A&A Policy Directives (AAPDs), and Contract Information
- S/he must also keep updated with new regulations issued through the Agency’s
General Notices. The Senior A&A Specialist must also mentor RAAO and its staff in their
performance of the same.
- The Senior A&A Specialist will be responsible for on-the-job training of the Mission RAAO, AOR, and COR staff in all relevant aspects of A&A policy and procedures.
- S/he is expected to mentor the RAAO staff work actively to keep the team engaged and updated on the latest procurement guidance, and continuously improve the services they offer.
- The incumbent should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work across teams and portfolios and with diverse clients.
- S/he must be fully versed in internet applications, vital of which is Google’s G Suite, and
other mandated US Government and Agency applications and software related to A&A work, such as the full Microsoft Office Suite, the Global Acquisition & Assistance System (GLAAS), and the Agency Secure Image and Storage Tracking (ASIST) system
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : September 10, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED