USAID/West Africa Latest Job Opportunity
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist-USAID/West Africa ASSESS Project
USAID/West Africa Analytical Support Services and Evaluations for Sustainable Systems in Agriculture, Environment and Trade (ASSESS) project is seeking candidates for Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist (M&E).
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project is based in Accra, Ghana, and covers West African countries receiving funding from United States Agency for International Development, West Africa Regional Economic Growth Office (USAID/WA/REGO). The ASSESS project provides program evaluations and research, monitoring, knowledge, and information management (including learning events), and other support services to USAID/WA/REGO.
The project is implemented by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in partnership with The University of Rhode Island (URD, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), and other partner universities in the U.S. and West Africa.
The M&E Specialist is local hire recruitment (ie.. recruited in Ghana and based in Ghana) and reports to the Activity & Evaluation Manager.
WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY…
Any nationality is eligible to apply under these conditions if the candidate has, or can obtain, legal status to work in Ghana. ASSESS project is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of affirmative action.
Key M&E Specialist Responsibilities:
Successful applicants will be responsible for the following:
- Reporting to the Activity and Evaluation Manager, responsible for M&E technical support for evaluation and research, monitoring, knowledge and information management, and other support services in collaboration with and in response to the needs of USAID/WA/REGO Agriculture, Environment, and Trade teams and their partners.
- Provide technical assistance for the development of the project’s Results Framework, including identifying and establishing key performance indicators that enable management to continuously track progress towards the achievement of the project goals.
- Manage the project’s M&E system, ensuring that the performance indicator database is regularly updated and maintained to facilitate monitoring and reporting on the project’s indicators and results.
- Draft, review, and finalize Commissioned Activities (CA) scopes of work, technical reports and other deliverables, field technical support to evaluation teams, and preparation and delivery of technical M&E content for knowledge and information products, platforms, and learning events
- Work with USAID to finalize scopes of work for evaluations, ensuring stakeholder interests are covered.
- Collaborate with USAID to review evaluation designs, draft reports and provide feedback to the evaluation team and USAID as appropriate
- Provide technical support for CA implementation by; participating in implementation teams as needed; ensuring the quality and timeliness of evaluation reports.
- Contribute to the development of progress reports including activity updates, and quarterly and semi-annual reports, incorporating relevant updates on the status of the project’s key performance indicators.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and budgets for each fiscal year and assist the project to review the quality of project deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Development Planning, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum five years of relevant, progressively responsible work experience in M&E of international development assistance projects in Africa.
- Understanding of M&E challenges in the context of development projects in West Africa
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E, including both performance and impact evaluation.
- Strong knowledge of survey studies (quantitative & qualitative) design and implementation and Statistical and Econometric packages for data management and analysis (0.g., SPSS, SAS, STATA, EVIEWS, NVIVO, ATLAS.II).
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel.
- Demonstrated high level of capacity in writing and editing technical reports and other technical documents in English
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae by e-mail with “ASSESS M&E Specialist” in the subject line to Meimuna Diakite ([email protected]) with a copy to [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
There is no deadline for submission. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling review schedule with the first review on the 19th of April, 2022.
- Ghana Statistical Service 2022 permanent jobs across all 16 regions
- Ghana Water Company Limited Job Opportunities
- Ministry of Trade and Industry GEPA agency recruitment
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research jobs
- International Water Management Institute jobs for field Researchers
- NGC KARIDA Agrosciences Ltd Job Recruitment
- Permanent Job Recruitment Opportunities At DVLA
- GIZ Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- FARA Jobs For Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers
- Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at Fiaseman Rural Bank
- Cardno International Development Invites Job Applications
- KB Farms Exciting Career Opportunity
- Jumia Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Latest Job Recruitment at Worldreader
- African Union Calls For Job Applications
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Exciting Career Opportunities
- G-PAK Limited New Job Opportunities
- Tampico Beverages New Employment Opportunity
- Creative Associates International Job Available
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED