March 10th, 2020 at 04:12 pm
Incumbent provides services on an as-needed basis. S/he may be called upon to develop onetime reports, provide coverage during staffing gaps and/or provide security escort services. The incumbent reports to the Human Resources Officer, ARSO, IMO, or Facilities Manager, as appropriate.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least one year of experience working in office, management or security-related position is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel. A good
working knowledge of general office operations is required. Be familiar with the layout of the mission grounds and facilities.
Basic knowledge of security access procedures, the proper use of security-related equipment (radio, shredders, etc.).
- Education Requirements:
- EDUCATION: Completion of high school/secondary school is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III English – Good working knowledge of the written and spoken language. Job holder will be able to read and understand, for example, regulations, instructions and related material concerning the field of work, and to prepare correspondence and standardized reports. Job holder will be able to communicate effectively with staff and members of the public in English. This may be tested.
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy is required. This may be tested. Must have good written communication skills in order to draft correspondence and reports. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs) and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS in LWOP **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS in LWOP status with re-employment or reinstatement rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information on what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc and additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the following documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- High School Diploma or evidence of higher learning
- Language Scores (if available)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 for FSFRC (if applicable)
- SF-50 for HPR (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED