November 20th, 2023 at 03:09 pm
US EB3 Work Visa Application Process 2024 – Complete Visa Guide
The US EB3 Visa can be the best option if you’re thinking of starting over and relocating to the US permanently. Professionals, manual laborers, and skilled laborers from all over the world can now live and work permanently in the United States thanks to the EB-3 visas that are awarded every year.
The US EB3 Work Visa Procedure for 2024 will be described in detail in this comprehensive guide. We’ll talk about who can apply, what paperwork is needed, how much it costs, and why this visa might be your best bet.
Understanding the US EB3 Immigrant Visa
The EB3 Visa offers the chance to live and work in the US permanently, but some conditions must be met. First, you need to get an offer of full-time employment from a US firm. Let’s take a closer look at each of the three EB3 Visa categories:
1. Skilled Workers EB3 Visa
The minimum requirement for eligibility for the Skilled Worker EB3 Visa is two years of relevant work experience, education, or training. A valid job offer from an American company is also required, as is a labor certification that has been authorized by the US Department of Labor.
2. Professionals EB3 Visa
Professionals applying for an EB3 Visa must provide proof that they completed their bachelor’s degree in the US or an equivalent degree from another nation. In addition, professionals need to have a legitimate job offer from an American business and Department of Labor USA labor certification permission, just like skilled laborers do.
3. Unskilled Workers EB3 Visa
Unskilled laborers, sometimes referred to as “other workers,” are not required to have two years of previous job experience. On the other hand, they should demonstrate competence in performing manual labor. Additional prerequisites for this category include approval of the labor certification and a legitimate employment offer from a U.S. firm.
US EB3 Work Visa Application Process – Step-by-Step Guide
Now that the eligibility conditions have been established, let’s explore the EB3 Visa application’s procedural nuances:
1. Labor Certification (By Employer)
When your prospective employer in the US receives approval from the Department of Labor for labor certification, the procedure starts.
2. File a Petition (By Employer)
After the labor certification is received, your employer submits Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, on your behalf.
3. Immigrant Visa Application
After obtaining the authorized labor certification and Form I-140, the last step is to apply for a US immigrant visa online using the DS-260 Form.
4. Book an Appointment
To proceed with the visa application procedure, make an appointment at the US Embassy closest to your nation.
Attend the embassy interview; you’ll need to respond to questions and bring the necessary paperwork. Decisions regarding visas put into effect following the interview.
Documents Required for the EB3 Visa Application
To ensure a seamless application procedure, the following documents are necessary:
- Foremost, possession of a valid, at least six-month-old international passport.
- Next, passport-sized photos that meet the criteria for a US visa
- Also, a birth certificate.
- Moreover, records of academic credentials
- Furthermore, tax payment documents.
- Besides that, a work offer from the employer.
- Aside from that, government-issued identification (such as a driver’s license)
- Additionally, an official certification from the US Department of Labor.
- Similarly, submission of finished paperwork.
- Lastly, records of health examinations
EB3 Visa Costs
The following expenses mostly shared equally by you and your employer:
Application for Immigration: $700 (employer-paid).
Application for an Immigrant Visa (Form DS-260): $325 (Applicant’s Payment)
Vaccinations and a medical examination (costs vary)
For up-to-date details on Department of State services, see the Fees for Visa Services.
Benefits of the US EB3 Work Visa
- Permanent residency: One major benefit of the EB-3 visa is that it entitles the bearer to a green card, or lawful permanent resident, as an immigrant. This gives the bearer authorization to work in the US and permanent residency.
- Employment Opportunities: The EB-3 visa provides entry-level employment opportunities in the United States to foreign workers with a range of skill levels, including professionals, expert laborers, and other laborers.
- Encouragement of Family Inclusion: EB-3 visa applicants are typically allowed to identify their spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 as additional passengers when they travel to the United States.
- Ability to Change Employers: The EB-3 visa offers more freedom than some nonimmigrant work visas, which impose an employer-specific requirement. After receiving a green card, an individual can typically change employers without facing any consequences regarding their immigration status.
- Getting Social Services: In addition to other social services and benefits accessible to citizens of the United States, holders of EB-3 visas have access to healthcare and education as lawful permanent residents.
- The Process for Obtaining U.S. Citizenship: Holders of an EB-3 visa who have maintained a green card for at least five years may be qualified to apply for U.S. citizenship if certain requirements are satisfied.
- Travel Adaptability: Compared to holders of particular nonimmigrant visas, holders of EB-3 visas have more freedom to enter and exit the country. Long-term absences, however, might have an impact on the green card status.
- Labor Certification Not Required for All Positions: To streamline the application process, people applying for jobs in certain occupations may be able to avoid the labor certification process (PERM) under certain conditions.
In conclusion, the US EB3 Visa offers a beneficial route for anyone seeking permanent status in the US. With the right qualifications, a genuine job offer, and a thorough understanding of the application process, one can obtain admittance into a new life in the United States. For further information, go to the US Department of State’s official website and start the journey toward fulfilling your American dreams.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the processing time for EB-3?
The entire processing period for an EB-3 Green Card could take one to three years. However, due to the annual visa cap, applicants from specific countries might have to wait up to six years. Your sponsor has the option to expedite the processing of your EB3 Visa by providing an extra $1,410.
Is obtaining an EB-3 visa simple?
For skilled, professional, or other workers, the EB-3 visa is an employment-based green card with the third-preference status. Requirements for EB-3 visas are comparatively less demanding than those for EB-1 and EB-2 visas. As a result, waiting times are frequently longer.
Can EB-3 be turned down?
EB-3 Dismissals Under Section 212(a)(5)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, consular officers deny immigrant visas to thousands of skilled, unskilled, and professional workers annually, making this one of the most “popular” categories for visa denial. However, this shouldn’t be the case.
Visit Newsnowgh.com for the most up-to-date information on visa-sponsored jobs, prospective paths benefits, application processes, and others.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED