- Company: Sweden Ghana Medical Centre
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the first and leading private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa. As part of the vision of our new shareholders, SGMC is pursuing an expansion drive into other areas of treatment to serve the health needs of our cherished clients. Due to this SGMC seeks to employ to fill the following upcoming positions:
Our Brand Promise
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to patient treatment and research as we strive to give them the most effective therapies.
Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in specialist health facility in West Africa.
As an employee of SGMC, you will be expected to act according our vision as a Center of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Title: CONSULTANT UROLOGIST (LOCUM)
Reports to: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
The urologist will provide specialist care for male and female urinary tract conditions as well as conditions affecting the male reproductive organs. You should also be compassionate and sympathetic towards patients
- Examining, diagnosing, and treating patient conditions and disorders of the genitourinary organs
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Documenting and reviewing patients’ histories.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Using specialized equipment, such as X-rays, fluoroscopes, and catheters.
- Performing abdominal, pelvic, or retroperitoneal surgeries when necessary.
- Treating lower urinary tract dysfunctions.
- Prescribing and administering antibiotics, antiseptics, or compresses to treat infections or injuries.
- Prescribing medications for patients with erectile dysfunction, infertility, or ejaculation problems
- Prostate Gold seed insertions for radiotherapy
- Prostate Biopsies
- Providing Urology consultations or referring patients to specialists.
- Directing nurses, residents, or other staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Medical degree and the successful completion of a residency and fellowship in urology.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- A valid Ghana Medical and dental Council certification to practice urology.
- The ability to keep updated on the latest medical technologies.
- The flexibility to work irregular hours and remain on emergency call.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the oncology field
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good teamworking, leadership, and organizational skills.
Remuneration: Above-market average
Contract Type: Permanent and Locum Basis
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants, should please email their CVs and applications to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 19 November, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED