The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
We are seeking to fill the position of Senior Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist with the Global Talent Acquisition team which is based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The assignment will be based remotely.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about our mandate and keen to contribute to the team by bringing their experience as a talent acquisition specialist and recruiter.
You will be responsible for acting as a lead recruiter for mid-senior, specialized international positions, to enable WFP to attract the best talent for our International Professional positions through an efficient, fair and transparent process.
You will need strong stakeholder and client management skills, as well to be agile and flexible to manage positions across a variety of functions and locations in a unique global and diverse organizational context.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Lead end-to-end recruitment processes for International Professional positions across various functions and locations.
- Act as a Talent Acquisition adviser for assigned hiring managers and Staffing Coordinators to guide them on best recruitment practices in line with the organization and functional talent requirements.
- Partner with managers throughout the recruitment process, to ensure the highest standards of efficiency and integrity, in line with internal recruitment procedures, as well as the highest talent standards are applied when selecting International Professionals for WFP.
- Review the composition of the pool of qualified candidates at key stages in the recruitment process and introduce corrective measures to maintain a balanced pipeline both in terms of gender and geographic representation in line with the organization’s diversity targets.
- Proactively source, attract and engage talents for positions to provide a strong pipeline of qualified and diverse talent for the hiring manager’s consideration.
- Maintain an inclusive approach throughout the selection process, to secure all candidates are provided equal opportunity.
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues on the team.
- Successful completion of various International Professional recruitments with high-qualified and diverse talent.
- Proactively attracted qualified female candidates and candidates from diverse geographic areas.
- Established credible relationships with key stakeholders, including Hiring Managers and Staffing Coordinators.
- Built close working relationships within the team and supported other team members in the successful completion of their recruitments.
- Proposed and implemented, where possible, improvements to WFP Talent Acquisition processes.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Sciences or other relevant area.
Experience: Approx. 8-10 years of recruitment/talent acquisition experience in an international context. You should have demonstrated experience recruiting for a variety of functions and specializations.
Languages: Fluency in English is required. Intermediate knowledge of a second UN/WFP language (French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic or Portuguese) is desired.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Capacity to develop advanced sourcing strategies.
- Experience utilizing various recruiting tools and candidate/applicant management, including applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other attraction/acquisition tools and resources.
- Excellent English writing and oral skills.
- Ability to draft and write attractive vacancy announcements based on existing job requirements.
- Strong interviewing skills (competency-based and behavioural).
- Knowledgeable about current market trends in recruitment and sourcing.
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity and inclusion principles.
- Solid understanding of recruitment technology and tools.
- Knowledge of employer branding best practices and social media is an asset.
- Strong project management skills demonstrating the ability to handle multiple projects and multiple timelines.
- Strong communication skills; demonstrating ability to adjust and share the information tailored to the audience.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of excel with attention to details
- Enjoy collaborating effectively with various stakeholders.
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to each function.
- Problem solving skills and love getting things done.
- Demonstrated success in developing and deploying creative, effective candidate pipeline development methodologies and effective outreach strategies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be offered an initial contract for 6 months with possibility for extension. Total contract period is up to 11 months (subject to renewal).
We offer an attractive monthly honorarium, medical insurance and 10 national holidays per calendar year.
Method Of Application
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 December 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED