United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office Latest Job Vacancy
The United Nations Resident Coordinator is the highest-ranking UN representative in the country and leads the UN Country Team (UNCT) in Ghana, coordinating the UN System support to the Government of Ghana (GoG) and the people of Ghana in achieving their development priorities and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Towards achieving this, the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) supports and maximizes, in a coordinated fashion, the work of the UNCT to enable the UN Development System (UNDS) to provide a collective, joined-up, coherent, timely, and country-driven integrated response to support Ghana meet its national priorities, within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other international commitments.
The RC system convenes stakeholders and connects knowledge across sectors and pillars to facilitate solutions that advance the 2030 agenda and facilitate the achievement of the SDGs, providing visibility and synergies from the collective assets and capacities of the UN development system.
These coordination investments enable the UNDS to offer an integrated approach and a joined-up response to the development needs through policy support and strategic interventions that are catalytic and aligned to Ghana’s vision, increasing efficiencies and leveraging economies of scale wherever possible.
POSITION: Leave No One Behind Coordinator
- The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office supports the UN Resident Coordinator and the UN Country Team (UNCT) to ensure the strategic, coherent, and efficient functioning of the UN System in Ghana under the UN Delivering as One (Dao) approach.
- Secondly, the Resident Coordinator System is the main mechanism to coordinate the UN system’s operational activities for development. The incumbent will support the Programme department to undertake the outlined key tasks.
- Also, the Programme Support Specialist will serve as part of the team that directly supports the UN Resident Coordinator (RC).
- Additionally, the main function of UN Coordination is to support the UN Country Team (UNCT) to function as a coherent UN system in Ghana that is well positioned and uses its comparative advantages and distinct role to effectively support key national development priorities.
- Moreover, the UNCT is composed of 15 resident and 9 non-resident UN agencies. The UN Country Team meets on a monthly basis to review UNCT progress on the UN Delivering as One effort, and discuss and decide on strategic and substantive issues in conformity with the delivering as one guideline.
- With a strong focus on strengthening UN delivery through a well-coordinated RC system, the UNCT seeks to engage a UN Volunteer, who will work in close collaboration with the RCO colleagues to provide the needed programmatic support.
Under the direct supervision of the Development Coordination Officer, Strategic Planning and RCO Team Leader, and in close collaboration with the RCO Team, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Supports the UNRC and the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) in integrating the Leaving No One Behind five-factor framework, gender equality and human rights into their programmes and activities, in particular, the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) and other key strategic planning tools, including by building UNCT capacities to apply a human rights-based approach to their programmes and activities, conducting situational assessments and mapping of UNCT capacities and needs, facilitating country-level coordination and acting as a resource person in programme activities implemented by the UNCT;
- Advises the UNRC and the UNCT in developing strategies and programmes to build and strengthen national capacities and institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights, gender equality, and leaving no one behind based on an assessment of national context, capacities and priorities and facilitating access to specific human rights expertise, including by drawing from human rights resources and tools available
- Supports the UNRC and the UNCT in promoting LNOB, human rights and gender equality as common UN values and core programming principles- upholding international norms and standards through advocacy and awareness-raising
- Sutherland Latest Job Vacancies Announcement
- International Finance Corporation Job Vacancy Available
- Creative Associates International New Job Openings
- Supports the TA for the UN’s LNOB Inter-Agency Working Group to ensure information sharing information, organizing meetings, working with the Chair to draft agendas, take minutes, request and share inputs, including periodic reports from and with the members of the LNOB Group as well as UNCT/Results Groups/Mission as required.
- Support the UN in Ghana’s Results and Inter-Agency Working Groups with LNOB and Gender Equality, Disability, Youth, and Human Rights markers and coding in UN IN-FO, responding to the annual IMS normative survey and reflecting LNOB, HRBA and GEWE in
- UN proposals, concept notes and reports (including the UNCT annual results report). Where applicable, supports the integration of human rights, gender equality and LNOB in humanitarian response and post-crisis recovery under the direction of the RC/Humanitarian Coordinator, should a humanitarian emergency be declared in Ghana
- to begin with, 3 years of experience in multi-stakeholder co-ordination and facilitation is highly desirable;
- Secondly, Sound knowledge of Gender, Human Rights and issues of Social Inclusion/Leave No One Behind
- Thirdly, Effective communication, networking and organizational skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Also, the ability to summarize a large amount of information and translate it into a compelling product for the internal and external audience
- Moreover, the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent communications skills- written and verbal
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Good analytical skills and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and discretion
- Innovation and self-motivation
- Ability to respond flexibly to competing demands, often at short notice;
- Strong IT skills including full competency in MS Office/365- including presentations.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in human rights, law, political science, international relations, inclusive education or another related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
HOW TO APPLY?
The closing date of the application is September 30, 2022
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED