- Company: Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic Ghana Limited (Akwadum Plant) for a Unit Manager, Packaging. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for the manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades.
Voltic (GH) Limited has now expanded its portfolio to cover Carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value Added Dairies. This role reports to the Manufacturing Manager. The key responsibility of the job incumbent will be to manage, lead, and support the team so that manufacturing, quality, and maintenance targets are achieved in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To draw up and communicate a business plan annually so that direction and objectives of the department are optimally planned, executed and monitored in line with Group strategic objectives
- To set performance goals together with the team so that team members know, understand and can work effectively as a team towards common goals and purpose
- To drive WCM initiatives on own Lines
- To manage and support team leaders and team to achieve production, maintenance and quality targets in a cost effective manner
- To formulate and control expense and capital budgets so that expenses are planned for and managed effectively within budgetary parameters
- To encourage, assist, support and coach Team Leaders so that departmental targets, performance and future challenges are achieved effectively
- To manage and facilitate conflict resolution within the unit to optimize unit relationships and performance
- To sell, manage, implement and actively support change interventions and projects to encourage the unit to internalize the change to meet operational targets
- To actively develop oneself to achieve career goals and to optimize individual and unit performance/ productivity
Skills, Experience & Education
• BSc (Mechanical or Electrical)
• 5 years production, technical and leadership/managerial experience in a FMCG environment
• FMCG experience an added advantage
• Proven Leadership skills and management capability
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – clear capability and credibility to influence at all levels.
• Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem solving capability
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
• Ability to train and coach own team (s).
• Ability to apply problem solving skills at all levels and implement associated systems
• Is a logical thinker with the ability to determine quick solutions when problems arise
• Ability to reflect and analyze with precision
• Ability to be pragmatic, and able to place equal emphasis on quality and productivity
• Ability to be systematic and analytical helps to foster high-quality outputs
• Negotiation skills
10. To solve systemic problems to save costs, minimize risk and losses and to improve productivity in line with benchmarks
Method of Application
Closing Date: 4 Sept 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED