- Company: UNDP
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
UNDP is collaborating with the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation and other institutions to strengthen the planning and delivery process for gender-responsive mitigation and adaptation measures at national and local levels.
This involves focusing on internalizing and implementing global environmental agreements, promoting policy coherence, and coordinating climate change, disaster risk reduction (DRR), and green economy interventions across sectors.
In addition, UNDP works with research institutions to improve climate and environment-related information and knowledge management systems. UNDP is supporting the Ministry of Finance and other institutions on new ways to mobilize financial resources for policy implementation (including climate finance), and promote an enabling environment for green private sector investments.
UNDP is also strengthening partnerships with civil society organizations (CSOs) to better advocate and support action on inclusive participation for all segments of society, women in decision-making processes, and the management of natural resources.
- Facilitate access to information, knowledge and tools that promote green jobs, citizen participation in environmental conservation, and community resilience
UNDP is undertaking targeted and catalytic interventions that have a clear potential to generate best practices to be upscaled and replicated. Drawing on its global expertise and network, UNDP is facilitating access to innovative tools, approaches and technologies developed and tested worldwide to:
(i) help communities adapt to climate change, reduce their vulnerabilities to disasters and promote environmental conservation
(ii) support the private sector to make production/manufacturing more environmentally sustainable and enhance their involvement in inclusive markets and the delivery of green products and services.
The Programme Analyst will be the focal person for the management of selected projects, and will provide programme management and technical/administrative assistance. She/he will directly report to the Team Leader on Environment and Climate.
In order to successfully deliver his/her work, she/he will need to work in close collaboration with the operations team, programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UNDP programme implementation
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Supports implementation of programme strategies
- Supports management of the CO programme
- Supports creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
- Contributes to the provision of top-quality policy advice services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management
Supports implementation of programme strategies
- Identifies areas for support and interventions within the area of environment and climate. Provides technical assistance under these areas.
- Supports the Team Leader in engaging in the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership (UNSDP) Result Area 3 on Safe and Protected Environment.
- Contributes to the preparation of briefings and speeches for UNDP senior management’s participation in sustainable development related meetings, workshops and conferences.
Ensures effective management of the CO programme within the area of sustainable development assigned, focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme
- Supports implementation of UNDP project portfolio on environment and climate. Monitor project activities and progress and ensure that the agreed deliverables are produced satisfactorily according to plans. In doing so, effectively apply RBM tools.
- Supports design and formulation of CO programme within the area of environment and climate, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions, in line with UNDAF and CPD.
- Coordinate programme implementation with the executing agencies.
- Supports initiation of a project, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review.
- Provides financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, and development of solutions. Participates in audit of NEX projects.
- Follows up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
Supports and facilitates the creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
- Supports development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on UNDP’s key targets, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Conducts analysis and research of information on donors, prepares substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identifies opportunities for initiation of new projects, and provides active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization in the area of environment and climate.
- Provides of technical support to UNDP’s participation in relevant donors’ sector working groups as needed.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23 Sept. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED