- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region.
There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities.
These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Do you have a minimum of 15 years of mining experience predominantly in an underground environment?
- Are you experienced in leading diverse teams?
- Is coaching and mentoring part of your work ethics?
- Are you interested in joining an inclusive and diverse work environment?
Join the Newmont Subika Underground team where you will be responsible for leading underground operations and delivering on the agreed business plan targets in terms of safety, production and cost, growth, people, social responsibility and environmental objectives.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead Subika Underground operations to achieve safe schedule, cost and production objectives.
- Engage with the Construction Manager and support Project Director to achieve business objectives.
- Govern the underground mine through management of the underground Management Operating System (MOS).
- Identify and implement operational controls to manage business risk.
- Manage technical and geological services to enable the delivery of the mine plan.
People and Contract Management
- Build the Subika Underground Team and develop a talent pipeline ensuring training and development programs are implemented to meet localization plan.
- Improve workforce diversity in line with Newmont’s strategy.
- Appropriate represent the Company in dealings with external agencies, contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Effectively interface with support functions and other organizations to facilitate the coordination and execution of work to optimize underground mining and maintenance.
Business planning and Financial Management
- Manage the development of the Subika Underground annual budget and strategic plan for the underground operations that optimizes financial results and achieves site goals and objectives; coordinates site planning; and participates in regional and corporate planning.
- Manage and control capital and operating expenditure.
- Seek out, lead and apply underground standard methodologies and continuous improvements practices to deliver sustainable cost, efficiency and personnel health and wellness improvements.
- Through strategic planning implement programs to deliver and grow the Subika Underground and Ahafo underground resource in a timely manner to maximize benefit.
Reporting and Compliance
- Deliver monthly and annual returns to the inspectorate and deliver weekly, monthly and annual internal reports.
- Submit statutory reports in relation to social, environmental, safety and technical regulations.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Eliminate all workplace injuries and illness through a focus on behaviors, leadership and risk management.
- Create standard operating procedures based on regional, global standards and regulatory compliance and leading practices.
- Actively participate in all Newmont’s safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss and make resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Mining).
- MINCOM Underground Mine Manager certification.
- Financial management skills.
- Minimum of 15 years of mining experience predominantly underground.
- Experience in managing diverse teams, including Contractor management
- Experience in underground hard rock mechanized mine.
- Advance analytical, problem-solving, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to develop and manage diverse teams consisting of owner, contractor and operators.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Combination of office and underground mining conditions.
- Moist wet surfaces.
- Potential for extreme dust particles and high heat/ humidity.
- Noise exposure with the requirements of hearing protection.
- Dark environment which requires the use of a cap lamp.
- Underground conditions include steep decline with sections of uneven terrain.
- Unventilated areas with asphyxiating gaseous environments.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10 July. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED