- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To develop and influence a safe and successful mine development and production team while supporting Newmont values with the aim of improving the mines performance in relation to safety, cost and production.
In This Role You Will:
- Direct and manage daily mining activity to achieve safe, efficient and optimal production focused on production targets and associated cost constraints by pursuing opportunities of continuous improvements.
- Effectively interface with other departments and prime mining contractor in pursuit of mine site development and production goals.
- Understand and follow engineering mine plans and engage in productive communication with the Planning Engineers, Surveyors and Geologists.
- Proficiently operate and engage the workforce in the accurate use of the pitram mine management control system to ensure accurate draw control.
- Engage with the technical services team and support the Mine Superintendent to achieve business objectives.
- Develop talent pipeline and ensure contractor is implementing training and development programs to meet nationalization targets.
- Motivate, coach and develop employees while ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, holding crew accountable for non-adherence.
- Work to eliminate all workplace injuries and illnesses through focus on behaviors, leadership and risk management.
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Raise discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
- Identify potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Demonstrate personal commitment as regards safety and environmental practices.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
- Bachelors’ degree in Mining Engineering.
- Mine Captain Certification or equivalent.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in underground mining. This experience should include progressive management experience in both owner and contractor capacities.
- Experience in building, training and executing with a multinational team.
- Experience with design and implementing systems for rapid mechanized underground mine development and semi-automated Longhole Open Stoping and Sublevel Shrinkage production.
- Ability to obtain Ghanaian Statutory Certifications.
- Demonstrated setting up and implementation of mine operating systems.
- Management and production roles in large scale mechanized Longhole Open Stoping and Sublevel Shrinkage underground mines.
- Demonstrate contractor management skills.
- Directive and takes initiative.
- Goal Orientated.
- Quality oriented.
- Results driven.
- Strategic thinking.
- Team player.
- Combination of office and underground mining conditions.
- Moist wet surfaces with section of continuous water fall.
- Noise exposure within the requirements for ear plugs or and ear muffs.
- Dark environment which requires personal attachment of light head gear.
- Underground conditions include steep decline with section of uneven terrain.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25 Feb. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED