Job Status: Fixed Term
Experience: 3 Years
Job Expires: Feb 11, 2021
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced person to fill the position of Simulator Trainer. This is an Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in simulation training while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Reporting to the Senior Safety Supervisor, the Simulation Trainer will be required to assist the Environment, Health, Safety and Training (EHS & T) Department in delivering operator training to prepare new starters for site and partner with site operations teams to improve operator capability, safety and productivity outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and report key metrics for simulator usage, competency achievement, machine performance data trends, emerging issues, priorities and recommendations.
- Develop and implement training plans for new operators to achieve required competencies and operating standards.
- Assist and advise in the development and improvement of training management systems and processes.
- Develop underground mining training simulator utilisation plan.
- Schedule and deliver training plans for existing operators where a need for further training is identified.
- Provide dedicated training and mentoring for both new and existing operators to achieve required competencies and skill levels.
- Analyse machine health and performance data.
- Identify and address variability in operator capability and performance to reduce damage, improve or optimise machine reliability and performance or productivity.
- Develop and retain documentary records for individual training and performance and/or competency achievement.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (simulator vendor staff, site supervisors, service and training technicians, human resource and safety teams as and when required.
Required Skills or Experience
- A diploma qualification in training and assessment with a knowledge in electricals.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a similar position within underground mining.
- Possess strong computer skills, with exposure to the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Ability to work independently to champion training effort to deliver improved consistency and operational capability.
- Willing to work extended hours to achieve tight deadlines;
- Highly self-motivated with a positive, can do attitude;
- Ability to work with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization;
- High attention to detail, strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills;
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize duties and solve problems;
- A positive and proactive attitude towards teamwork.
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to [email protected] before or on 11th February 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED