October 25th, 2023 at 09:09 am
Make sure the required documents for the UK visa you are applying for comply with the criteria set by the UK Home Office.
What are the required documents for a UK visa?
You should submit the following documents to apply for a UK visa:
- UK visa application form. According to the type of UK visa you are applying for, you may have to complete the form online at the Visa4UK website or on the manual application form.
- Two photographs. These photos should be taken within the past six months and in color.
- Your valid passport It must be valid for three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip. It must also have at least one blank page for the visa.
- Prove you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK. This may be your bank statements for the last six months or pay slips for the same period.
- Proof of accommodation. You will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the UK. Note that you do not have to fully pay for a hotel or hostel in the UK before getting the visa, just to get such a document.
- Detailed travel itinerary. Submit a travel plan that gives all the information regarding how and what you are planning to do in the UK. Include the travel dates, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, etc.
- Tuberculosis Test Results Nationals of several world countries will need to submit requests for a tuberculosis test in order to be eligible for a UK visa.
- Biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in the UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
- UK visa invitation letter (if applicable) If you will be staying over with a friend or a family member, then you should submit a letter of invitation. Your host must be a UK national or a legal resident.
- Paid UK visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required.
- Certified translations of any document that is not in either English or Welsh.
Additional Requirements According to Your Employment Status
You will need to submit extra documents according to your working status, as follows:
- If you are employed:
- A letter from your employer. This letter should confirm your position at work, your salary, and the length of your employment.
- If you are self-employed,
- Business registration documents. They should confirm the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.
- If you are a student,
- A letter from your education provider The letter should confirm your enrollment and leave of absence.
Additional Requirements for Applicants Under the age of 18
Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit several additional documents. These documents are as follows:
- Birth Certificate.
- Adoption papers (if applicable)
- If traveling unaccompanied or with someone other than a parent(s):
- A signed letter from the parent(s) confirming the details of anyone accompanying the minor
- A copy of the parent(s) or legal guardian’s biographical page of their passport
Documents to Present at the UK Port of Entry
At the UK port of entry, you will need to show some documents to the border control police.
If you are an EU/EEA national, you can use the EU/EEA channel to get your documents checked. You only need your ID or passport. Adults must accompany children under the age of 17.
Non-EU/EEA nationals need the following documents when they show up at the UK port of entry:
- Valid Passport.
- Landing Card. You will get this from your carrier. You need to fill it in before you reach border control.
- Visa (if applicable).
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED