Background Information – Ghana Multi Country Office ( GHMCO)
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world.
Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
The Multi Country/Country Office is responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with the CO/MCO portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results.
UNOPS Ghana Multi Country Office (GHMCO), located in Accra, spans across West Africa, covering Ghana, Gambia, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
GHMCO is responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with a subset of the regional portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results.
The core functions of the Multi Country Office are to:
- Liaise and develop engagements, and deliver services responding to partner needs.
- Leverage advice and integrate delivery modalities of the three Delivery Practices and the Global Partner Service Office.
- Maintain appropriate arrangements and capacity for direct transactional support for
delivery of the sub-regional portfolio.
GHMCO has a diverse portfolio covering infrastructure, urban plan development, project management, procurement and futuristic studies.
Opened in 2015, GHMCO is one of the newest Multi-Country offices in UNOPS with a vision and drive to deliver top quality results to its partners with a sharp focus on operational excellence.
Background Information – Role Specific
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Support Services and collaborating closely with IPAS HR, the HR Specialist ensures consistent application of appropriate policies, rules, guidelines, procedures and practices in service provision in a given geography.
- The Human Resources (HR) Specialist provides advice to the senior management on the transparent implementation of HR strategies, effective delivery of HR services and management of the HR Unit in the Operational Hub, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
- S/he assesses client needs, interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, establishes internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues.
- The HR Specialist promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
- The HR Specialist supports the business unit in the management, implementation and oversight of HR service lines and initiatives to meet client needs, i.e. including recruitment, contract administration, interpretation and guidance, learning and personnel re-alignment exercises in consultation with HQ.
- Specifically, s/he is the primary HR focal point within a given geography.
- S/he leads and supervises the professional and support staff of the HR Unit throughout the Hub.
- S/he works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations and project teams in the Operational Hub, Regional Office and UNOPS HQ personnel ensuring successful performance in HR management.
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Advisory Services
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Advanced University degree (Masters) in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social or behavioral sciences.
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional two (2) years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional-level human resources experience, including HR advisory services, in a major area(s) of human resources management (HR Contract Administration, HR Reporting, Recruitment or Organizational Design) in an international, public or corporate organization at the national and/or international level is required.
- Relevant experience in a multicultural setting is desirable.
- Experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (G Suite or similar systems) as well as web-based management systems is required.
- Fluency in English Language ( Writing, Reading and Speaking) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: 15-Sep-2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED