Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and count cash at beginning of day and/or shift.
- Issue official receipts after every disbursement or receipt of cash and correctly identify and enter transactions in the cash book.
- Accurately count every cash disbursement or receipt.
- Inspect (validate) all cash receipts to prevent false bills and coins.
- Open new accounts for members based on the source documents properly authorized by the manager and accountant.
- Identify member-customers, validate disbursement vouchers, and disburse cash.
- Accept cash and deposits and check the accuracy of deposit slips (vouchers).
- Process all cash withdrawals.
- Receive and verify loan payments.
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately, and in compliance with the credit union’s policies and procedures.
- Balance cash in cash drawer at end of each day/shift.
- Prepare daily cash position report & conduct cash count in the presence of the accountant or manager.
- Deposit all cash collections for the day at the bank.
- Generate the following daily reports: Daily Cash Position Report, Teller’s Cash Summary Report.
- Answer inquiries regarding savings and loan accounts and other related products.
- Attempt to resolve issues and problems with member’s accounts.
- Explain, advise on, and promote the credit union’s products and services to members and potential members.
- Prepare documents in relation to all cash transactions processed.
- Act as custodian of the inner grill key or cash vault combination.
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the accountant and manager.
- HND / Diploma in related field or equivalent.
- Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
- Relevant computer skills.
- On-the-job training will be provided.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Member service-oriented.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must have a proven record of honesty and integrity.
- Must have sound judgment.
- Stress tolerance.
- Must be discreet and understand the importance of information confidentiality.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified persons should submit their application letters, certificates, and CVs to the address below:
The Executive Secretary
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
P. O. Box NH 33, New Abirem
Email: [email protected]
Hand-delivered to the Newmont Information Offices in the Newmont Akyem Project Area.
Closing Date for submission of applications: 16th August 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED