TechnoServe Inc is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty.
A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries.
By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity rating agency.
- Role: Country Manager, Ghana
- Location: Accra, Ghana
- Timing: 6 months
Background and Project Purpose
- The Country Manager in Ghana will supervise the successful implementation of current programs.
- H/She will manage TechnoServe Ghana’s operational and fundraising strategies, to grow the country program, run the overall country operation, and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- High-performing local program implementation teams, administrative staff, and regional program management resources will support this position
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
The Country Manager is expected to effectively manage all aspects of country operations including:
- In collaboration with regional leadership and program development teams, executing a business strategy aligned with TechnoServe’s global and regional strategies, maintaining, and building strong relationships with a wide range of donors, and proactively developing and delivering upon a robust pipeline of new program opportunities to grow the country platform and scale TechnoServe’s impact.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant in-country stakeholders, including government ministries, private sector companies, business associations, and civil society organizations; securing their support as needed; representing TechnoServe at internal and external functions.
- Also establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal divisional, regional, and HQ teams.
- Representing TechnoServe in all legal matters at the country level and ensuring TechnoServe retains and consults with qualified local legal counsel as needed
- Ensuring that TechnoServe is properly registered and complies with all related regulations.
- Coaching and supervising leaders and managers of programs for the successful delivery of results
- Ensuring timely submission of internal reports and corporate measurement
- Ensuring timely submission of high-quality donor reports with the support of the divisional back-stopping team
- Supporting country-level adaptation and use of program management tools
- Working with program staff to identify and address technical assistance needs.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years’ implementation and management experience relating to large-scale projects with responsibility for all aspects of operations including HR, Finance, and Procurement.
- Proven ability to fundraise/work with donor organizations and professionally and proactively represent an organization.
- Experience working in developing countries
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, including report writing and presentations.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% and internationally as necessary.
- Significant operations experience, including experience in budget development and management
- Private sector experience and/or overall business acumen
- Strong people management skills and experience with a record of recruiting and retaining top talent as well as the ability to quickly address performance and/or behavior issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial and inspirational, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain high-performing teams in stressful contexts.
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
How To Apply
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: December 23, 2021
As part of our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation, and we vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED