Team Leaders, Lively Minds Evaluation Extension (LMEE) Project
- Location: Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, Upper West Regions, Bono East, Bono, Ahafo, and Oti Region
- Deadline to apply: 7th December 2021
Duration: Approximately 3-4 months.
- Desired start date: 10th January, 2022
- Language requirement: Buli, Dagbani, Frafra, Gruni, Kasem, Mamprusi, Talensi, Hausa, Dagaari, Sissali, Twi, Ewe, Buem and Chumburung (Nchumuru) and Guan dialect spoken in the specified geographical locations
- Job Code: LMEE-BL-TL-21
- Reports to: Field Supervisors
IPA is partnering with the United Kingdom-based Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) to conduct a study to evaluate the effectiveness of the Lively Minds Program, which is being currently implemented by the Ghana Education Service (GES).
The Lively Minds Program aims to improve early childhood development in rural Ghana through scalable low-cost community-run play schemes by training GES kindergarten (pre-school) teachers and mothers of pre-school children in highly deprived communities in Ghana to set up and run educational play schemes in existing GES pre-schools using local materials.
This study – Lively Minds Extension Evaluation (LMEE) – will be conducted in 55 districts in Northern Ghana.
The study will be carried out with communities, households, children, and teachers in the Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, and Upper West Regions, Bono East, Bono, Ahafo and Oti regions of Ghana.
IPA is hence looking to recruit Field supervisors on a short-term contract of Approximately 3-4 months to carry out the baseline Survey on the LMEE.
Therefore, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above field position to work on the LMEE.
Team Leaders (TLs) will oversee survey field activities including managing a team of Surveyors, tracking field finances, supervising daily survey activities, survey monitoring and writing daily field reports to the Field Supervisor.
Team Leaders will also keep records; including survey tracking, surveyor attendance and project expenses. Team Leaders are responsible for maintaining high quality data collection.
- Supervise approximately 5 Surveyors and ensure adherence to IPA survey protocols;
- Ensure that data collected is of high quality
- Evaluate the performance of field staff under his/her supervision
- Managing field finances and logistics, including reconciliation and distribution of respondent gifts to survey teams
- Verify that Surveyors have interviewed the right respondents;
- Conduct frequent and random spot checks in the field
- Adhere to all covid-19 protocols outlined by the Ghana Health Service.
- Report all problems immediately to the Field Supervisor and Field Managers
- Submit timely feedback to the Field Supervisor and Field Manager
- Maintain good relations with IPA, partner organizations and project participants.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have Higher National Diploma (HND), first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one-year field / data collection experience.
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn.
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO is an added advantage.
- Experience in performing child assessments will be an added advantage
- Should be fluent in English.
- Should be fluent and able to translate questionnaire in any of the following languages: Twi, Ewe, Ga- Dangme, and Hausa.
- Should be willing to travel and work in remote communities within the above-mentioned regions.
- Must have leadership skills experience in similar roles with IPA or similar non-IPA projects.
- There will be an aptitude test and interviews for external shortlisted candidates
- Trainees who perform best at the surveyor training will be considered for auditor position.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below:
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Candidates will only be considered for the roles they applied for. Those who apply for higher positions and do not qualify for those roles will not be considered for other lower positions.
- Only the newest application will be considered from candidates who submit multiple applications for the same position.
Due to the high volume of applications received by IPA, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applicants are also encouraged to apply early.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED