Sunyani Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Professors, Associate Professors, Senior Lecturers, Lecturers And Assistant Lecturers in the following Disciplines:
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Welding and Metallurgical Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Materials and Systems Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Computer Science
- General Agriculture
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Diagnostic Sonography
FACULTY OF BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND APPLIED ARTS
- Building/Construction Technology
- Fashion Design Technology
- Ceramics Technology
- Textiles Technology
- Wood Construction Technology
- Facilities Management
- Interior Design
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
- Communication Studies
For appointment to the grade of Professor, applicant must have a PhD or analogous degree in the relevant area from a recognised University and must have served as an Associate Professor or other equivalent position for at least four (4) years in a recognised institution.
2. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
For appointment to the grade of Associate Professor, applicant must have a PhD or analogous degree in the relevant area from a recognised University and must have served as a Senior Lecturer / Senior Research Fellow or other equivalent position for at least five (5) years in a recognised institution.
3. SENIOR LECTURER
For appointment to the grade of Senior Lecturer, applicant must have a PhD or analogous degree in the relevant area from a recognised University and must have served as a Lecturer / Research Fellow or other equivalent position for at least six (6) years in a recognised institution.
For appointment to the grade of Lecturer, applicant must have a PhD or analogous degree in the relevant area from a recognised University and have research interest in the area of specialization.
5. ASSISTANT LECTURER
For appointment to the grade of Assistant Lecturer, applicant must have an Mphil or analogous degree in the relevant area from a recognised University and have research interest in the area of specialization.
Considerable teaching, research and industrial experience in the relevant area of specialization in all the categories above shall be an advantage.
The Position/Job Description
- The Librarian is the Head of the University Library and reports to the Vice-Chancellor in the management of the Library.
- He/She is responsible for the provision of adequate, relevant and up-to-date reading and audio-visual materials to support teaching, learning, research, innovation and community service functions of the University.
- He/She provides leadership in advancing the University’s teaching, research and innovation mission through a clear vision of the Library’s role.
- He/she provides comprehensive strategic planning incorporating emerging technologies, sound fiscal management and engagement of all members of the University community.
- He/She ensures the maintenance of a good environment for reading and learning in all libraries of the University.
- He/She exercises professional and administrative supervision over staff of the University libraries and ensures the efficient and effective running of the libraries of the University.
- He/She shall in conjunction with the Library Committee, and subject to approval by the Academic Board, formulate policies for the maximum development and utilization of the libraries of the University.
- He/She shall represent the library in contacts with Administration and Committees of the University.
- He/She shall collaborate and maintain linkages with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organisations within and outside the country in order to keep up with development trends and attain exposure to developed systems.
- He/She shall perform any other official duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor.
Terms of appointment:
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University consistent with the Technical Universities, Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended and Statutes of Sunyani Technical University.
- The salary and conditions of service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable with those in analogous universities in Ghana.
- Possess a minimum of research master’s degree in Library or Information Science related studies, A PhD in Library Science or Studies is preferable.
- Have served as a Deputy Librarian in a university or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least three (3) years.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) cumulative publications.
- Be a scholar and a member of a Professional Body in Librarianship/Information Science.
- Be computer literate and conversant with Library Software.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism.
- Be innovative and knowledgeable in procedures on the implementation of new technologies and library services.
- Be able to ensure that adequate Library and research resources are available to meet faculty and student needs within assigned budget.
Salary and conditions of service are attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates are to complete Application Forms (form A1 for both senior members teaching and senior staff non-teaching and form A2 for non-teaching Junior Staff
Eight (8) copies of the completed Application Form (folder appropriately labelled with position being applied for) with application letter, up to date CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts of academic records must be submitted.
Completed application forms should be submitted to the address below before Friday, February 26, 2021:
THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR,
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTORATE
SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
P. O. BOX 206
TEL: +233 (0) 3520 27052 / 23278
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED