Main purpose of job
To support teachers by helping to supervise activities in the classroom, working with children on an individual, small group or whole class basis.
Teaching Assistants may take on additional responsibilities such as teaching classes on their own, covering planned absences and allowing teachers time to plan and mark and report on children’s progress.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with lead teacher to monitor class schedule
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation
- Getting classroom ready for lessons
- Supporting children across the curriculum, often with a particular focus on Maths, reading and writing
- Ensure classroom environment is safe and clean
- Giving extra help to children with weaker students
- Helping to develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions
- Motivating and encouraging pupils
- Assisting with marking and correcting work
- Attending meetings and reviews
- Helping with schoolevents, trips and activities
- Taking part in professional development (training)
Teaching Assistant Requirements
- Senior High School leavers i.e. WASSCE standard with passes in English and Mathematics.
- A minimum of a year’s experience working as a teaching assistant or working with children in a similar role
- Must have a compassionate and positive attitude
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and Creativity
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY
Application Closing Date:
Friday, 6th November 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED