Teacher Of Business, Global Perspectives & Research, Humanities at Brainy Bairn School
The ideal candidate for this position should hold at least a bachelor’s degree in a Science and Mathematics related course from a recognized University. An additional qualification in education is desirable but not essential. Prospective candidates will be required to teach CAIE A- Level Science and IGCSE Science and Mathematics;
REPORT TO: Head of Secondary Department
To prepare and teach lessons by following the Cambridge Science and Mathematics Curriculum to children in a friendly and learning environment while making children’s welfare a priority.
Daily activities may include but not limited to the following.
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development in keeping with CAIE Curriculum standards.
- Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials, including termly schemes of work and medium term plans;
- Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and ICT equipment, including internet and presentation projectors.
- Preparing pupils for their qualifications and external examinations.
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour, in keeping with the school behaviour policy.
- Undertaking pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
- Communicating with parents and careers over pupils’ progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole school training events.
- Liaising with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and support staff, to enhance your students’ academic attainment.
- Developing a leadership role in your faculty, taking initiative in curriculum development and instigating positive initiatives that develop students’ interest in the subject.
- Participating in and organising extracurricular activities, such as after school clubs, trips, social activities and sporting events.
- Undergoing regular observations as well as participating in regular in-service training (INSET) and performance management/evaluation as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
- As well as other responsibilities and duties that might be assigned to you after prior consultations with your Head of School or other members of the School leadership Team.
Required Skills or Experience
- Ability to teach at least three Science and Mathematics related subjects.
- Then, Ability to plan and deliver imaginative, interactive and inspiring schemes of learning and lessons which shall result in students making excellent progress.
- Ability to constantly experiment and modify the environment to meet the perceptions of each child’s needs and interests, and objectively noting the result.
- Some teaching experience in any learning environment for children
- Also, Ability to prepare an environment which is meant to facilitate the children’s independence and ability to freely select work that they find appealing, selecting activities that will appeal to their interests and keeping the environment in perfect condition, editing materials as needed.
- Ability to carefully evaluate the effectiveness of their work and the design of the environment every day.
- Very strong ICT skills; ability to use ICT as the central tool in the delivery of all lessons.
Strong research abilities.
- Knowledgeable in Cambridge curriculum framework.
- Strong knowledge in STEM.
- Ability to work in a proactive manner, able to make quick decisions and be willing to embark on continuous professional development
- A strong and positive work ethic and a responsible attitude towards working with children
- Ability to guide students away from producing plagiarized essays
- A strong indication of a desire to work with children in a school for the foreseeable future
- Competent team player, able to work together with other members of the department and other members of the school community.
- Able to work under pressure to meet all deadlines with regards to reports and Medium Term Plans
- Must present clear, interesting, and relevant lessons to the children.
- Ability to engage the child’s interest and focus on the lessons and activities in the environment.
- Able to model desirable behaviour for the children, following the ground-rules of the class, exhibiting a sense of calm, consistency, grace, and courtesy, and demonstrating respect for every child.
- Applicant must be tolerant, patient and understanding individual possessing good listening skills and do not display fits of temper during working hours.
- Must ensure discipline and order in the classrooms at all times.
- A good bachelor’s degree in science and Mathematics, also essential to have an additional qualification in related subjects.
- An additional qualification in Education is desirable but not essential
Teacher licensing certificate will be an added advantage.
Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience or knowledge of teaching the Cambridge International Education curriculum will be desirable
How to Apply for this Research, Humanities at Brainy Bairn School
Applicants must use the job title as the subject when sending their application letters, CVs and relevant documents. They should be sent to the e-mail below on or before 7th August, 2022 to [email protected] or [email protected]
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED