National Identification Authority (NIA) invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven, and have exceptional leadership qualities for appointment as System Security Administrator.
Established under the National Identification Authority Act, 2006 (Act 707), the National Identification Authority (NIA) is mandated to provide accurate, reliable, and timely information on all Citizens of Ghana and non-citizens legally resident in Ghana for Socio-economic development
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
To offer strategic leadership for the management of the National Identification System of the National Identification Authority in the maintenance of the National Identity Register through proving skills for network security administration matters of NIA.
The System Security Administrator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyze and establish security requirements for the systems networks
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification, and/or destruction
- Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Define access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses, and security assessments
- Identify abnormalities and report violations
- Oversee and monitor routine security administration
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Train fellow employees in security awareness, protocols, and procedures
- Design and conduct security audits to ensure operational security
- Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis
- Research and recommend security upgrades 13 Provide technical advice to colleagues
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Training staff to understand and use security protocols
- Establishes guidelines for recording, protecting, and disposing of information technology assets.
- Knowledge in pest control and prevention
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Master’s Degree in computer science, cyber security, or a similar field.
- Minimum training certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or CompTIA Security, and Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) are required.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
As a System Security Administrator, you must the following competencies:
- Demonstrate strategic leadership qualities, Initiative, innovation,
- Good team player
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of modern ICT concepts and methodology and techniques;
- Technical and professional IT skills;
- You should be skilled at drafting security policies and training less technically skilled employees to be security conscious
- Good knowledge of Ghana’s development policy priorities, international treaties, and protocols on information technology and data management;
- Understanding of sister and third-party systems and how they can be supported by NIA.
- Have strong emotional intelligence in dealing with systems and people.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Be very conversant with the Data Protection ACT, Electronic Transaction ACT, and Right to Information Bill, etc.
- Strong understanding and awareness of Cyber Security issues
- Good knowledge and understanding of Public Financial Management Law
- Policy and Strategic Management
- Ethical Leadership
Applicants must have knowledge of the following:
- National Identification Act, (Act 707)
- Citizenship Act, 2000 (Act 591)
- Electronic Transaction Act 2008 (772)
- National Identity Register Act, 2008, (Act 750)
- Data Protection Act. 2012 (Act 843)
- National Identity Register (Amendment) Act 2017, (Act 950)
- Citizenship Regulations, 2001 (LI 1690)
- National Identity Register Regulations 2012 (L12111)
- National Identity Register (Amendment) Regulation 2018, (LI 2356)
Salary and other conditions of service as applicable in the Public Service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Original copies of academic and professional certificates
- The addresses of three (3) referees, including telephone number(s) and e-mail.
The applications, together with the above-listed documents, should be forwarded to:
THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY
P. O. BOX M680 ACCRA
CLOSING DATE: Not later than Wednesday, 13th April 2022
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
LATEST JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
- New Employment Opportunity at OpenSpec
- Senior Manager, Digital Channels Job at MTN Ghana
- Exciting Career Opportunity at General Electric Power
- Design & Technology Institute Latest Job Opening
- Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Advertised Vacancies|| Bonzali Rural Bank limited latest job Openings
- Voltic Ghana Limited Latest Job Vacancy
- Ghana Chemicals Limited Exciting Job Opportunity
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED