System and Service Officer at Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- This role is responsible for the conduct of quality control and assurance in the management of field data and subsequent payment of land related compensation to all eligible persons in the mine communities who have been affected by both temporal and permanent land acquisition. This includes supervision of verification of manual /electronic data capturing and cash call creation. It demands responsibility, efficiency and timeliness of the whole land access related compensation process from field assessment to actual payment to meet expectations of community members.
- The role also supports Sustainability and External Relations (S&ER) contracts and procurement processes.
In This Role You Will:
Supervise land access compensation-related data or information into the S&ER database (Isometrix).
- Conduct quality assurance and control in relation to the land access compensation process for exploration and mining area land-takes.
- Ensure accuracy and validation of all hard copy and electronic compensation data sets from field to electronic capture.
- Liaise with finance to ensure timeliness and accuracy in payment protocols.
- Work with community relations team to diagnose and resolve complaints and grievance relating to land access compensation (crop, structure, livelihoods and deprivation of land-use).
- Prepare payment calls for finance approval and issuance of payment cheque.
- Set-up negotiation rate, mining area land access and exploration projects in the database.
- Manage and secure compensation field assessment forms to ensure compliance.
Archiving and Land Access Compensation Database Management
- Manage hard copy and electronic archived data for referencing and project closure.
- Gather technical information/diagnose problems relating to the compensation database.
- Perform compensation system change management.
- Stock compensation field assessment forms in the database.
- Provide responses to support system audit for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the assessment of user training needs and perform in house training for system users.
- Develop and manage embargo register as input for complaints and grievance resolution.
- Prepare payment call report for project owner approval.
- Develop dashboard and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for land access compensation reporting.
- Prepare cost accruals, performance monitoring templates, cost profiles.
- Coordinate Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI) and other related Sustainability and External Relations (S&ER) cheque requests for payment.
- Follow-up with Accounts Payable function regarding payment progress and delays.
- Report all incidents and accidents in the work group to enable management to identify areas for improvement in work practices.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety and comply with Newmont Ghana Health Safety Loss and Prevention (HSLP) policies and procedures that involve but are not limited to Safety inspections, Safety Training, Annual Refresher.
- Safety Talks, Incident Reporting and Investigation etc.
- Present information accurately at safety/environment meetings.
Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Management Systems, Finance and other related fields.
- Negotiation and Mediation skills.
- Good understanding of the local culture.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in related role.
- Firstly, Good communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Secondly, Good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Thirdly, Good reporting skills.
- Moreover, Numeracy skills.
- Additionally, Good planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Then, Good assessment skills.
- Also, Good conflict resolution skills.
- More so, Risk management skills.
- Lastly, Sound computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong leadership.
- Strong detail focus.
- Takes initiative.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Goal orientated.
- High quality orientation.
- High level of transparency.
- Reliable and independent.
- Ability to multitask.
- The position is located in the Ahafo North mine site.
How to Apply for System and Service Officer at Newmont Mining Corporation
Closing Date: 23rd December 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED