ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI IDUAPRIEM LIMITED A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of SUPERINTENDENT — HEAVY MINING EQUIPMENT.
The purpose for this role is to liaise between AGA Iduapriem and the Mining Contractor for the reliability of the mining equipment, associated support service equipment and infrastructure required to support the mining operation. The role provides direct output to the HME Manager, Senior Mining Manager and Senior Engineering Manager.
- To support the Iduapriem Mining Operations Manager in ensuring that the maintenance of all mining fleets, including earthmoving equipment, ancillary equipment and light vehicles are maintained in a safe, good condition and cost-effective manner to the Mining team for production purposes
- Required to provide operational and projects support field of mining equipment, including:
- Equipment life cycle optimisation and development of associated strategies, including selection of appropriate maintenance and operations standards.
- Equipment specification reviews, including design specifications, cost reviews, operability and maintainability studies and provide technical advice.
- Identify, report and comment on key technical issues, risks and opportunities for value add within his/her area of responsibility and the impact thereof on mining and/or projects through audit and assurance.
- Provide engineering support and to co-ordlnate the activities of the mining contracts where necessary to maximise uptime and reliability.
- Implementation and monitoring of overall Equipment Effectiveness and the analysis and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Improve reliability and availability by applying specialised techniques such as reliability centred maintenance, condition monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Assessment and consideration of partnerships, agreements, standardisation, performance guarantees, procurement and rationalising of suppliers to reduce the overhead cost relating to components, working capital and any downtime associated with non-supply of components.
- Total fluids management for all hydrocarbons consumed within his/her area of responsibility from delivery, distribution, cleanliness, filtration and consumption.
- BSc Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of five (5) years’ proven experience in HME Engineering of which at least three (3) years must be at senior supervisory level within an Engineering/HME Technical department; or
- HND Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of eight (8) year’s proven experience in the HME Maintenance and Management or in a related Engineering field.
- Experience in dealing with HME equipment in either an underground or open pit mining environment will serve as a plus.
- Experience on all or some of the following will be desirable; CMMS systems, Asset Management Experience/Qualification, Condition monitoring training or qualification, formal Project management training and Commercial acumen relevant to the role.
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible to register with an AGA recognised Professional Institute, Association, Organisation or Body.
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive Light Vehicle
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses, not later than Tuesday, 17 March 2020.
The Senior Manager – Human Resources
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P.O. Box 283
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED