Summer Program for Young Scientists by IIASA 2024
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is happy to announce the Young Scientists Summer Program 2024. This program is intended for PhD students who wish to carry out a scientific project on a subject that is connected to the IIASA research agenda.
The majority of the National Member Organizations (NMOs) offer financial support in the form of grants to young scientists who wish to take part in the Young Scientists and Scholars Program (YSSP). These young scientists may be citizens of the NMO’s country or maybe international students attending school in the NMO’s nation.
The Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants are expected to achieve the following standards in order for their applications to be accepted for the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2024:
- The program is intended for Ph.D. candidates who are working on a subject that is compatible with the research that is currently being conducted at IIASA and who are interested in exploring the policy implications of their work. Ideally, candidates will be around two years away from getting their degrees.
- Under the direct supervision of a seasoned IIASA scientist, participants will have the chance to engage in a unique research environment that is both interdisciplinary and global.
- They will create a paper (which will serve as the first step towards an article that is publishable in a journal) and will have the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network of researchers and professionals.
- Applicants have the option of participating in up to two different programs simultaneously. Before settling on a choice, you are highly urged to give each program description a thorough and thoughtful go-through first.
- Applicants from any country may submit an application; however, the IIASA provides priority to nationals or residents of countries that are a part of the National Member Organizations (NMO).
Programs Involving Research
Find out about the six research programs and research groups that make up IIASA, including their most recent findings, ongoing projects, models, and data, as well as their most recent publications:
Developing New Methods for System Analysis
- Cooperation and Transformative Governance (often abbreviated as CAT)
- Systemic Risk and Resilience (SYRR) comes in at number two.
- Investigative Modeling of Human-Natural Systems (also known as EM)
- NODES, or Novel Data Ecosystems for Sustainability, is the fourth topic.
Conservation of Natural Resources and Biological Diversity
- Agriculture, Forestry, and Ecosystem Services (AFE)
- Biodiversity, Ecology, and Conservation (often abbreviated as BEC)
- Integrated Biosphere Futures (IBF)
- Water Security (also known as WAT)
Frontiers of the Economy
- The Economics of Equal Life Chances (EELC)
- The economics of radically transformative change (EDC)
Environment, Energy, and Climate Change
- Integrated Assessment and Climate Change (IACC) comes in at number one.
- Pollution Control and Management (abbreviated PM)
- Sustainable Service Systems (often abbreviated as S3)
- Transformative Institutional and Social Solutions (TISS) comes in at number four.
Population and Fair Societies
- Fairness and Balance (abbreviated as EQU)
- Migration and Sustainable Development (also known as MIG).
- Multidimensional Demographic Modeling (often referred to as MDM)
- Social Cohesion, Health, and Wellbeing (also Known as SHAW)
Initiatives Strategically Oriented
- The project fairSTREAM
- The project is known as JustTrans4All
- RESIST project 4: TRUST project Procedures for Application
Check to see if your dissertation topic is suitable for the research that the IIASA is currently conducting if you are a student working toward a Ph.D. Your work, ideally, should investigate the implications for public policy. The completed application must be uploaded into the online application system before the deadline.
Applicants are strongly urged to get in touch with the individual IIASA program representatives as soon as possible in order to expedite the application process. Please create your pre-proposal as soon as feasible (you may use this PDF form to orient yourself as to the requirements that need to be satisfied), and then get in touch with the specific CDAT representatives of the program that you have chosen as soon as you can.
The deadline for applications is January 12th, 2024.
(IIASA) is an abbreviation that stands for the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
As an international research institute, our main goal is to advance systems analysis and find policy solutions that will help people leave less of an impact on the world, make natural and social systems more resilient, and help reach the goals for sustainable development.
Vision and Members
The Worldwide Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an independent worldwide research institute that has member organizations across Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe. Its full name is the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
The mission of the IIASA for the years 2021–2030 is to become the premier destination for integrated system solutions and policy insights to current, developing, and innovative challenges, risks, and opportunities related to global sustainability.
Each country that is a member of the IIASA and is shown in blue on the globe is represented by a national or regional member organization. These organizations manage the institute, provide it with funding, and serve as a link between the research and policy communities of their respective countries and the IIASA.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) conducts a diverse array of inter-disciplinary and international research projects, the majority of which are sponsored by IIASA National Member Organizations and the remainder by externally awarded contracts or grants.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED