October 14th, 2023 at 04:00 am
Study In USA: 2024 Horatio Alger National Scholarships
A magnificent $25,000 is being offered by the Horatio Alger grant 2024–2025, a partially funded undergraduate grant for American students. 106 aspiring American college students will get this prize.
Start your academic career in the United States. Wonderful news! There is presently a Horatio Alger National Scholarship available. We will go into great depth regarding this scholarship, its benefits, and the easy application process in this post.
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is a well-known college financial aid program that is among the largest in the country. It is designed to help high school students who have faced and overcome major obstacles in their early years.
The generous donors of these scholarships are Horatio Alger Members who, like the Scholars, have overcome adversity to become prosperous business and community leaders.
Eligible students from all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico are awarded the National Scholarship. In the spring of their senior year, National Scholars are given an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., where they take part in the National Scholars Conference. Being present at this conference is a requirement for the award.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship application period opens on August 1 and ends on October 25. Since it’s a standard application, you can apply once and be eligible for many of the Association’s scholarship programs.
By 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on October 25, you must upload your application and all necessary materials to your online application in order to be eligible.
Study options for all subjects are offered through this scholarship program.
Benefits of Scholarship:
A $25,000 scholarship is available to 106 students through the Horatio Alger Scholarship to cover the cost of their entire four-year undergraduate education at any US college.
Nationalities That Qualify:
Students in the USA may apply for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship, candidates must meet the requirements listed below:
- Must be a junior in an American high school enrolled full-time.
- The applicant must demonstrate a strong commitment to pursuing and successfully finishing a bachelor’s degree at a nonprofit, accredited public or private university in the United States (transferring from a two-year institution to a four-year institution is an option for students).
- Needs to show a serious need for money (adjusted gross family income of $55,000 or less is required).
- Need to be involved in extracurricular and volunteer work in the community.
- Need to be sincere and strong in the face of adversity.
- Need to keep a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
In order to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship, kindly follow these guidelines:
The deadline for undergraduate applications has passed. On December 1, 2023, high school junior applications will be available.
About the Association of Horatio Alger
Horatio Alger Association Members and Friends have provided need-based college scholarships since 1984 to enable underprivileged kids to seek higher education.
We hope to have given more than 35,000 worthy students $245 million in scholarships by the year 2023. The Association assists students seeking bachelor’s degrees, graduate studies, career and technical certificates, and degrees through its several scholarship programs. Please go HERE to learn more about the scholarships that are available.
The Association provides Horatio Alger Scholars with numerous programs and activities in addition to scholarship money.
Horatio Alger, Jr.: Who Is He?
Throughout the 19th and early 20th centuries, Horatio Alger, Jr. wrote a great deal, motivating readers to overcome hardship and persevere. Across the course of his 128 volumes, Alger describes how everyone can realize their aspirations, no matter what obstacles they face, if they have a “can-do spirit” and take personal initiative.
Alger based his writings on his childhood in Massachusetts in the middle of the 19th century. Alger was the eldest of five children and the son of a struggling minister in a rural area of New England. His father homeschooled him till he was ten years old due to his terrible asthma.
At the age of sixteen, Alger was accepted to Harvard in 1848 and used his earnings from side jobs to help pay for his education. He was hired by a local newspaper since he aspired to become a writer after graduating.
Alger did not, however, become successful right away.
When he first couldn’t make ends meet as a writer, he made the decision to become a teacher at a boys’ private boarding school. In addition to teaching, he kept writing, getting paid between $1 and $2 for every piece. He did, however, manage to find some success and went on to write Bertha’s Christmas Vision, his debut novel, and Nothing to Do, his follow-up, a year later.
Between 1867 and 1873, Alger authored eighteen books for young readers, the most well-known of which being Ragged Dick. His stories all took the same route: an impoverished young child defies all odds by leading a moral life and putting in a lot of effort. The antagonists in his novels were frequently affluent bankers, attorneys, and rural squires.
Alger traveled, worked as a tutor, and penned numerous additional books in his later years, some of which were biographies of US presidents. In 1896, he took a permanent retirement to Natick, Massachusetts, and passed away in 1899.
The Horatio Alger Association honors persons who have succeeded by upholding the qualities that Horatio Alger, Jr. exemplifies in his novels and works to promote them.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED