Effective with the release of this position announcement, WEC is seeking applicants for the position of a Storekeeper to be based in its Project Site in Ahafo.
The Storekeeper reports to the Snr Material Controller on the project.
A Storekeeper is responsible for receiving, storing and maintaining records of supplies on the project site.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- The Storekeeper receives, stores and issues supplies and equipment for an assigned job on the project site.
- Duties include but are not limited to: stocking supplies; preparing and receiving reports; and issuing supplies.
- Effectively maintain all required safety and quality standards.
Working Environment/Exposure to Risk
- This job typically requires moderate to heavy labour and includes, but is not limited to, heavy lifting (25 -50 lbs.)
- Frequent phone calls to functional units
- Carrying and lifting tools and material by hand,
- Intermittent exposure to extreme temperature
- Receives the goods from suppliers and check whether they meet the requirements mentioned in the purchase order
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Arrange received materials as required
- Ensure that the materials are stored safely
- Keep a record of receipt and issue of goods
- Issue materials according to the requirements
- Dispatch purchase requisition for buying fresh goods
- Receive, identify, locate and dispense storeroom items.
- Conduct cycle counting activities of the warehouse storeroom.
- Maintain computer inventory system.
- Process all shipping and receiving paperwork.
- Ensure proper placement of storeroom items in storage cell where items are maintained for use.
- Post all items received against purchase orders and process paperwork.
- Properly pack and process items for outgoing shipment; may prepare miscellaneous shipping orders, air freight bills and/or bills of lading.
- Follow-up on tools checked out of the storeroom and not returned.
- Develop and maintain procedures for monitoring usage.
- Notify management of any unusual occurrences in inventory balances, equipment malfunctions, damaged materials or supplies needed.
- Access, input and retrieve information from the computer
- Internal: Project and Construction Managers.
- External: Clients Representative from Newmont Ghana and DRA.
Judgement and Complexity
Judgement of the jobholder is highly required in the following:
- Being safety conscious in executing the job
Responsibility for Assets
- Tools and equipment under his/her care
Level of Authority
- The jobholder’s authority is limited to making recommendations and seeking approval
- Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Minimum of a diploma (HND) or equivalent
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the construction industry
- Skills Required:
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Must be a team player
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organisational Awareness
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 lbs
- Expressed and implied ethical responsibilities and values
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply for this job by submitting their application and CV with three references to the address below not later than 15th July, 2020, indicating “Storekeeper” in the subject line. WEC would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates who meet our requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. EOE/AA.
NOTE: To ensure that an applicant is a native of the local community, all local applications must be supported by the initial confirmation of citizenship, ENDORSED by the Chief, a nominated Assembly Person and the Youth Leader of the applicant’s community, and must be delivered to the Newmont Community Information Office or Newmont Security gate at Plant Site not later than the stated date
The Human Resources Representative
Wayoe Engineering and Construction Limited
C/O HR Department
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED