August 31st, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Solidaridad Job Vacancy Announcement
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit Network organization that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. The West Africa Regional Office headquartered in Acera is one among eight (8) Regional Expertise Centres (REC) within Solidaridad’s organization (www.solidaridadnetwork.org).
We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound, and profitable supply chains. Our supply chain work in West Africa is focused on cocos, gold, oil palm, cotton, coffee, cashew, horticulture, and other crops.
We focus, among other things, on stimulating sustainable supply chains through the introduction of innovations in good practices, and market uptake for sustainable goods. farmers/producers access to finance, sustainable natural resources management, and institutional capacity development and enabling policy.
Solidaridad West Africa seeks to recruit a highly qualified and self-motivated Country Representative to lead our operations in Ghana.
- First and foremost, the position is responsible for strategic and programmatic leadership and oversight of Solidaridad’s operations in Ghana.
- Secondly, the role will entail program direction, fund-raising partnership development, strategy development, program quality assurance, innovation and impact achievement, human resource management, financial stewardship, and general administrative oversight.
- Thirdly, the position manages, directs, and shapes the vision for implementing Solidaridad’s operations in the country. (This is a nationally recruited staff position)
- Lead the development of actionable annual plans guided by the Global Regional Multi-Annual Strategic Plan (MASP), and direct the work of the organization with sound management and development practice,
- Identity and mobilize financial resources and lead the needed engagements towards new business and partnerships development, working closely with the Regional Director. Thus, the position would lead the development of concept notes and program proposals for funding.
- Maintain the financial and legal integrity of the organization while maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability,
- Oversee all communication and marketing of the organization in the country and promote cross-country learning and knowledge sharing
- Ensure, track and report to the regional director on the performance of programs and projects within the context of the PM&E and the learning agenda of the organization
- Lead policy research, dialogue, and influencing by maintaining a sound relationship with research and advocacy, and policy experts to make selected target supply chains efficient and effective. Also, to facilitate the convening of and participation in appropriate roundtables, conferences, and multi-stakeholder platforms.
- Lead human resource development and management by ensuring a vibrant and efficient human capital through effective and appropriate HR policies and procedures
- Any other official roles assigned by the Regional Director.
Qualification and Competencies
Interested applicants should possess the following qualification and competencies:
- Advanced degree (at least Master’s) in Programme Management, International Development, Policy & Planning, or any related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in development with at least five (5) years of proven track record in leading and managing institutions and/or development programs
- Demonstrated an understanding of program management, information management, and policy analysis at national and international levels
- Proven management & leadership skills and demonstrated evidence of leading teams
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (French will be an added advantage)
- Proven financial management and analytical skills with a high level of problem-solving skills
- Work experience in similar institutions (e. international organizations, consultancies, bilateral agencies, etc.) would be an added advantage
Other skills Required
- Proven initiative, flexibility, and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, creative, and results-oriented with the need for less direction,
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Team player with effective interpersonal and influencing skills and knowing what to delegate
How to Apply
All applicants are to send their application letter and resume to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be sent by the closing date, September 16, 2022.
Kindly indicate the position in the subject of your cover email. Qualified female applicants are most encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED