IJM is seeking a talented Team Manager who shall be responsible for establishing and directing the strategies and activities of IJM Ghana’s Aftercare response to forced labor trafficking on the Volta Lake’s fishing industry, as well as other forms of trafficking. The Team Manager shall build a high-quality team and lead the team in partnership with government and non-government agencies to ensure that victims rescue and restoration. The team would also collaborate with other departments and agencies to ensure that perpetrators are arrested, charged and prosecuted under the laws of Ghana.
This position is based in Accra, with frequent travel to other parts of Ghana and reports to the Director of Justice Projects, IJM Ghana.
- Foster a culture of spiritual health and integrity by setting an example of mature, authentic Christian discipleship.
- Continually lead and encourage the aftercare team and other IJM colleagues to prioritize their own spiritual formation and Christian discipleship as they engage in the work of justice
Develop National Leaders
- Recruit, train and lead a highly effective, resilient and cohesive Aftercare team consisting of IJM aftercare staff, interns and volunteers.
- Provide leadership that ensures that the IJM Ghana office provides and models a highly effective, multi-disciplinary and collaborative response to the target abuse.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate concrete performance and leadership development objectives for aftercare staff.
Attain Justice System Transformation
- Partner effectively with government and non-government social services agencies to ensure effective rescue and restoration of victims, and prosecution of perpetrators.
- Lead and manage collaborative casework interventions to ensure that victims are rescued and restored and that perpetrators are held accountable under law.
- Contribute to the design and successful implementation of a cooperative plan to transform key pillars of the Ghanaian public justice system so that it provides Trauma Informed, accessible and sustainable protection to child victims of forced labor and Trafficking
- Effectively represent and leverage IJM Ghana’s work and experience with key constituents and stakeholders.
- Educate, train and equip government and non-government partners in the effective aftercare and restoration of victims.
- Contribute to the development of the office’s strategic plans and budgets;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies and best practices;
- Continually develop, maintaining, and update all operating protocols, reporting systems, and manuals.
- Generate timely, high quality written and verbal communications regarding the aftercare program to the Director of Justice Programme.
- Other duties and tasks as shall be assigned by the Director of Justice Programmes.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related field from an accredited university
- A minimum of three years’ experience in direct practice, program development, and casework management.
- A minimum of three years’ experience successfully leading a team of staff, contractors and volunteers in a multidisciplinary work environment
- Superior judgment and problem solving in a complex environment;
- Fluency and professionalism in oral and written communication in English
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostle’s Creed
- Strong service ethic and a passion for IJM’s mission
- Able to achieve goals in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting
- Meticulous attention to detail, disciplined with priorities and self-motivated
- Effective leader, mentor and trainer
- Patient; works well under stress
- Personable with a sustained positive attitude
- Professional demeanor in written and oral communication
Send Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into your cover letter or submitted as a separate document. It should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED