Board Services Guide (Corporate Governance / Company Secretarial Support)
The Sirdar Group, Africa’s leading educator, appointed, and guide of high-performing boards for privately-held and family businesses, is actively seeking a pro-active professional to join their organization.
The Board Services Guide reports to the Johannesburg based Guide Services Manager and will work with the Sirdar Guide team, a dynamic team of highly experienced people based in Cape Town, Accra (Ghana), and Nairobi (Kenya).
Salary -Dependent on experience and qualifications
With an understanding of governance and governance implementation, the successful incumbent will:
- Ensure operational excellence in the delivery of our board services.
- Deepen the connections we have with both our clients – ensuring real value add to their boards and getting the end result of high-performance boards is critical to success in this role. The core to success in this role is ensuring rhythm and measurement in the delivery of the services the Sirdar Group offers.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- leading service delivery and service excellence
- providing a full range of corporate secretarial support, statutory requirements and governance advice
- minute taking experience
- drafting of written resolutions
- significant interaction with boards of directors
Specific experience to include:
- 3 – 5 years of Governance experience/ legal training or company secretarial experience ideal
- Membership of the Chartered Governance Institute former ICSA/CIS or holder of an LLB advantageous
- Experience in using board management software advantageous
- Experience with governance implementation across different African countries advantageous
- People-centric, client-centric
- Process focused
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Sound judgment
- Strong leadership skills; motivating, mentoring and developing a team
- Privately held company sector and family business understanding
- High-level of emotional intelligence
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in collating and circulating meeting documents
- Experience in registering changes of companies with the Registrar of companies
Apply here by emailing a CV and cover letter to [email protected] today
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sirdar Group uses the Contribution Compass as its profiling methodology for board development and appointment. Shortlisted candidates will, therefore, be asked to complete a Contribution Compass Assessment.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
Subscribe to Blog via Email