February 13th, 2023 at 12:01 am
SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, AND THE APPLICATION STEPS
A Singapore student visa is required for an international student who wants to enroll in a Singaporean university. Singapore uses the term “Student Pass” to describe the student visa.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA?
Almost everyone who wants to attend school full-time in Singapore for more than 30 days must acquire a Student Pass. However, certain categories of individuals do not need to possess a student visa. These categories include;
- First and foremost, individuals who spend less than 30 days pass during your course.
- Also, individuals under the Immigration Exemption Order. Diplomats, members of the armed forces, and their families are all awarded immigration exemption orders.
- In addition, individuals who enroll in a non-university setting while in Singapore on a Dependent’s Pass.
Universities are recognized to as Institutes of Higher Learning in Singapore (IHL).
SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
If you have already been admitted to a Singaporean institute of higher learning that is recognized, you are qualified to apply for a Singapore Student Pass. Your attendance at the classes must be full-time. Weekend, evening, and part-time courses do not count.
One can request a Singapore Student Visa on gaining admission into any one of the following:
- Firstly, a Singapore University
- Also, a Singapore Polytechnic
- Lastly, a Foreign Institute with branches in Singapore
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA
- Online applications accepted for Singapore Student Passes. Your Student Pass application will be handled by the Singapore Border and Checkpoint Authority.
- You must use the online application tool located on the ICA website called SOLAR (Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration). Also, the application must be filed no later than two months before the commencement of the semester.
- Only those who have been admitted to a Singaporean university are eligible to apply. You cannot proceed with the application without the SOLAR application number listed on your approval letter from the university/polytechnic.
When you travel to Singapore to pick up your Student Pass, you will need to carry the documentation listed in the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter, which you receive after an application is granted.
SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA FEES
In Singapore, the standard cost for student visa processing is $30
SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA PROCESSING TIME
Whether or not you require a Singapore visa will affect how quickly your Student Pass application process:
- The application will be assessed 5 working days from the date of submission if you do not require a Singapore visa. However, if you need a Singapore visa your application will be processed 10 working days from the date of submission.
- Your IPA letter will include your visa after processing.
AFTER ATTAINING A SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA
- You can travel to Singapore with your IPA letter. You must, however, present the IPA letter to the Checkpoint Authority agents at the airport after landing so they can issue you a Visit Pass.
- Also, you must schedule an appointment at the ICA building after you arrive in Singapore to finish the requirements for acquiring a Student Pass. On the ICA website, you can as well use e-Appointment to schedule an appointment
- Additionally, you must pay a cost of $60 for the issuance of the Student Visa.
SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS
Multiple supporting documents and pieces of information required when applying for a Singapore Student Pass:
- First and foremost, an electronically filled-out Student Pass Application Form (eForm 16)
- A passport-sized photo
- Also, a letter from your school acknowledging your registration.
- Additionally, a photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page.
- Besides that, documents that detail your education.
- In addition, documentation pertaining to any financial aid you may be receiving.
- Moreover, your Singaporean address and local contact information
- Above all, any records referenced in the letter of In-Principle Approval (IPA).
All of the paperwork you send in needs to be in English or professionally translated into English. Also, submit both the original file and the translation.
CAN ONE WORK WITH A SINGAPORE STUDENT VISA?
Yes, it is possible to work with just a Singapore Student Visa without getting a Work Pass or Permit.
See additional pieces for students from around the world on NewsNowGh.com.
- US STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, AND THE APPLICATION STEPS
- UK STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, AND THE APPLICATION STEPS
- AUSTRALIA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, AND THE APPLICATION STEPS
- GERMANY STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, AND THE APPLICATION STEPS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED