Simple Ways for Acquisition of Citizenship in Turkey
Citizenship (vatandaşlık) is a legal and political relationship between a natural person and the state in Turkish law, while nationality (uyrukluk) includes legal persons (e.g., corporations) and vessels like aircraft and ships.
Thus, “nationality” is a more true phrase for legal individuals, vessels, and aircraft than “citizenship,” despite their interchangeability. “Every person tied to the Turkish state with the bond of nationality is Turkish,” according to Article 66 (1) of the Turkish Constitution7. The 1981 Turkish Nationality Amendment encouraged dual citizenship.
Turkish citizenship is acquired at birth or later. If you meet Turkish Citizenship Law conditions, the relevant authorities may grant you citizenship.
Turkey does not allow birthplace citizenship. Thus, Turkish birth does not grant citizenship. Kinship determines birth citizenship. If one parent is Turkish, a child is born a citizen. Turkish parents immediately make their children citizens. However, adults whose mother or father is a Turkish citizen but who were not registered to a civil registry office until they became 18 may be registered as Turkish citizens if the Ministry decides they have gained Turkish citizenship after an examination.
If you live in Turkey with a stateless person identity certificate or for five years without interruption, apply for Turkish citizenship. However, a solid command of Turkish, good morality and no serious diseases are also essential.
You can apply for Turkish citizenship after three years of marriage to a Turkish citizen. After your spouse dies, family unity is no longer required.
Turkish Citizenship Law also addresses unusual citizenship. The Ministry of the Interior and Cabinet may grant you Turkish citizenship if you do not threaten national security and public order. The following foreign investments qualify for Turkish citizenship.
- Foreigners who have invested at least USD 500,000, as verified by the Ministry of Industry and Technology,
- Foreigners who purchase a real estate property with a minimum value of 400,000 USD or its equivalent in foreign currency and attached an annotation of no-sale for at least three years at the relevant title registry; or who purchase a property with a property ownership or a construction servitude on it, with a preliminary sale contract executed before a notary public and at least 400.000 USD or amount of foreign currency is paid in advance and such property has a As of 13.06.2022, a 400.000 USD monetary floor is requested. 250.000 USD).
- Foreigners who have employed at least 50 individuals, according to the Ministry of Family, Labour, and Social Services,
- Foreigners who are confirmed by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency to have deposited minimum USD 500,000 or an equal to Turkish Lira in a Turkish bank and retained it in the account for three years
- Foreigners who purchase and hold for three years real estate investment fund participation shares or venture capital investment fund participation shares worth at least USD 500,000 by Capital Markets Board or state borrowing instruments worth at least USD 500,000 by Ministry of Treasury and Finance may apply for exceptional Turkish citizenship.
- FIRSTLY, TOTAL COST OF DV LOTTERY VISA | 2024 GREEN CARD LOTTERY
- SECONDLY, EU VISA ROUTE | NEW CHANGES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS | EUSS 2023 CHANGES
- THIRDLY, INVITING FAMILY MEMBER TO GERMANY ON FAMILY REUNION, SPOUSE OR CHILD VISA
- MOREOVER, HOW TO PROOF YOUR FINANCIAL RESOURCES WHILE APPLYING FOR A GERMAN VISA?
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED