- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in a vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Supervisor – Production
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The Senior Supervisor – Production among other duties will be accountable for leading the shift team to ensure safe and effective running of the various unit operations such as milling circuit, gravity circuit, thickeners, elution, and CIP.
- Maintain a safe workplace within the department as well as ensure compliance to all site policies and procedures
- High-Security Consciousness
- Ensure the various KPI’s (mill throughput (720tph wet), milling efficiency (95% utilization), cyclone efficiencies (65% passing 106µm), recovery (96%), 14 elution strips per week) at a given mill availability are achieved.
- Troubleshoot problems that hinder production.
- Ensure full compliance to ICMI code, ISO 45001:2018 in the plant and maintain the highest standards in terms of safety
- Check and monitor the use of required reagent addition rates as determined by the metallurgical technical team to ensure maximum plant recovery and reagent optimization.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in a CIP/CIL operation utilizing SAG & Ball Mills
- Ensure all mills run within the required set parameters (power and weight) for optimum operations.
- Assist in the reviewing of safe work procedures and ensure all work is done per the available procedures.
- Participate in all meetings with engineering and production to ensure coordination of production activities between operators and maintenance in a timely manner to ensure maximum plant utilization.
- Work closely with the process control group with regard to operational changes and troubleshooting of circuit deficiencies.
- Implement improvement ideas that ensure continuous improvements of our operations in terms of safe, production and cost.
- Review shift reports on occurrences during the shift to ensure all downtimes are captured and initiate actions to correct all deviation. Escalate all issues that are beyond his control within the time specified in the call-out procedure.
- Ensure good housekeeping for the various unit of the plant.
- Ensure maximum labour utilization and compile timely labour hours work per shift for payment of salaries and allowances.
- BSc in Metallurgical, Mineral Engineering or its related field from a recognized institution
- High-Security Consciousness
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in CIL operations
- Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Processing Supervisor/Engineer or Senior Process Supervisor/Engineer or above
- Competent to handle multiple tasks to achieve the required result
- Effective supervision, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer applications especially the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Medically fit for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and proficiency to drive light vehicle
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: November 12, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED