Senior Project Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Job Title: Senior Project Officer – MEAL
- Department: Programming – Agric
- Grade: 8
- Reports To Program Manager- Youth, peace building and social cohesion
- Country/Location: Tamale – Ghana
As a lead for implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) initiatives for the Agriculture and Livelihoods and Youth Programs Units, you will be tasked to consult with project team(s) to develop and achieve project-level learning objectives; ensure projects meet MEAL policies and procedures; and develop action plans to raise the bar of project level MEAL performance.
The Senior Project Officer-MEAL’s role also includes but is not limited to: the development of standardized data collection tools and database systems, frequent data collection, verification of results reported, analysis and presentation of findings and project progress, implementation of project accountability mechanisms, and the provision of feedback to partners.
The Senior Project Officer-MEAL will ensure that systems are in place to measure programs’ impact and progress, and that data is readily available to be used as a foundation for programmatic adjustments and evidence-based decision-making.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project MEAL System Design:
- Work with Program Manager Youth, peace and social cohesion, Program Manager Agriculture and Program Quality Manager (PQM) for project MEAL system design, including drafting results frameworks to support the design of new projects for business development, Proframe, accompanying MEAL narrative, and operating manuals,
- Lead the development and standardization of forms and tools to collect data for project monitoring indicators, results, effects and impacts (Simple Measurement of Indicators for Learning and Evidence-based Reporting, also known as SMILER) to comply with donor and CRS standards
- Promote the use of ICT4D and assist in developing digital data collection systems
Ensure that all project monitoring arrangements comply with project and donor agreements
- In coordination with the Youth Program Manager and Program Manager- Agriculture, lead all project level data collection exercises
- Conduct quarterly field visits to monitor the implementation of program activities
- Lead annual project level beneficiary and service delivery indicator (BSDI) data according to agency standards, definitions and processes
- Initiate annual data quality assessments for all projects over two years
- Validate all collected data, to ensure it is accurate and of the highest quality
- Analyze data collected using available ICT4D tools and software (I-form builder, CommCare, etc.)
- Ensure all data is recorded in relevant project databases in a timely and accurate manner
- Initiate thinking on innovative ways to collect and present data using ICT4D
- Firstly, Lead data collection for baseline, midline and endline values for all projects as outlined in MEAL Policies and Procedures
- Secondly, Initiate terms of reference for all required evaluations
- Thirdly, Lead efforts to coordinate final evaluation or after-action review as outlined in MEAL Policies and Procedures
- Moreover, Lead organization of participatory events with partners and beneficiaries to reflect on project monitoring data, identify learning and recommendations as a part of all evaluations and reviews
- Additionally, Lead all aspects of realizing project studies and evaluations, which includes but is not limited to: planning and arranging logistical arrangements for field research, overseeing sampling strategies, attending research and tool training workshops, leading quantitative, qualitative and participatory data collection efforts in the field, supervising the execution of field studies and ensuring the reliability and validity of data collected therein
- Draft budget for all project-level MEAL activities and support budgeting during design phase of proposal development
Adopt best practices for including beneficiary input into all major monitoring, evaluation and learning activities
Reporting and Learning for Improving Program Quality
- Draft documentation of results and other evaluation findings to key stakeholders, as requested
- Highlight areas of concern in project quality as shown in data analysis
- Assist in knowledge management initiatives, including leading in the completion of past performance reference for each project and maintaining an updated Gateway system
- Ensure project documentation of activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
- Prepare monthly project flashpoints.
- Review data collection systems as implemented by partners, to ensure rigor and appropriateness of practices
- Lead formal training events for partner MEAL staff, to enhance their capacity for sound MEAL implementation
- Accompany and mentor partners after MEAL trainings, to ensure knowledge retention and address concerns which may emerge
- Facilitate the work of counterparts assigned to other projects, or complete assessments related to business development, to bolster in house MEAL technical support to all CRS projects and programs
Required Skills or Experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, development studies or social sciences required.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture (Economics, Extension, Agribusiness), Statistics or in the social sciences would be a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of monitoring and evaluation and for an NGO with a background in agricultural and/or youth programming.
- Experience with digital data collection systems and tools required
- Experience working with international, national or local partners in participatory action planning and community engagement activities.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Excellent understanding of local NGOs and government systems
- Knowledge of participatory and rural development processes
- Strong skills in assessing and developing partner capacity including institutional strengthening in MEAL
- Experience using statistical analytical software/tools, SPSS, MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in English; other local languages a strong advantage
Travel Required Willing to travel 50% of the time to project sites
Languages Spoken: English and any northern local language
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs).
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: Program Manager – Youth, peacebuilding and social cohesion
- Internal: Agriculture Manager, Head of Programming, Country Representative, other CRS staff
- External: District Assemblies, Decentralized relevant state departments, ministries and agencies, Catholic Diocesan Church Partners and Caritas Ghana, I/NGO partners, Government partners, technical partners, consultants, research and academic institutions, Local Government Units
How to Apply for Senior Project Officer at Catholic Relief Services
Closing Date: 21st September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED