Supervising a team of program officers, the Senior Program Officer in charge of Elections, Rule of Law, and Anti-corruption will lead the design and implementation of the Center’s programs and projects in the designated thematic areas.
As Team Leader for her/his portfolio of programs, the Senior Programs Officer will work under the direction of the Director of Programs and closely with other Programs and Research staff to deliver on the Center’s mission and objectives for the designated thematic areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Programs Officer in charge of Elections, Rule of Law, and Anti-corruption include the following:
- Lead concept note and proposal development in the designated thematic areas
- Coordinate and oversee implementation of all project activities under the project thematic areas
- Ensure that all relevant project deliverables are delivered in a timely fashion and on budget
- Work closely with the finance and budget team to cost and develop budgets for proposed projects and monitor costs and budgets during project implementation
- Lead the design and implementation of the Center’s election support and election observation efforts, including providing and overseeing managerial, operational and technical support for the Center’s affiliate election observation organization, the Coalition of Domestic Election Observers (CODEO) and its sub-regional network, the West Africa Election Observers Network (WAEON)
- Champion and support advocacy for policy and legal reform in the designated thematic areas
- Represent the Center at key stakeholder engagements
- Provide coaching and mentoring for team members and new program staff
- Conduct first-level performance appraisal of team members
- Lead annual project reviews and planning workshops and lead Team members in preparing relevant reports
- Perform other duties as required
Required Competencies and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Integrity and good judgment
• Ability to work harmoniously with and relate well to persons and communities of diverse cultural, ethnic or linguistic identity, gender, etc.
- Excellent conceptual and analytic abilities
- Strong advocacy skills
- Able to prioritize and multitask and work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Able to handle extensive road (and occasional air) travel within Ghana
Education and Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science degree in the social sciences or humanities or in public policy,
international development, or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the public, international
development or civil society sector
- Ability to work with numbers and interpret data a plus
- Experience in project management desirable
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for both positions.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their resume with a cover letter addressed to the Executive Director by email to email@example.com (with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating in the subject, title of the position for which they are applying.
Applicants for the Senior Programs Officer position must include a soft copy of a writing sample. (A chapter from their Master’s thesis is acceptable.)
Application deadline: 11:00 AM (GMT), Friday, September 10, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED