- Company: EnCompass
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
EnCompass seeks (Senior) Operations Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Ghana.
This anticipated project will provide USAID/Ghana with services focused on supporting and facilitating USAID’s capacity to utilize MEL approaches in service of improving development outcomes, and on strengthening the organizational capacity of USAID/Ghana’s strategic partners.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the (Senior) Operations Manager will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the project.
Potentially managing a small team, they will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement and other F&A functions as required by the contract.
They will work directly with the Chief of Party to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for all activities.
The position will be full-time and be based in Accra, Ghana with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the field office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- May manage local payroll and reporting
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline; a graduate degree is preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: finance, procurement, accounting, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of a similar contract size
- Knowledge of US Government financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements, particularly relative to USAID highly desired
- Knowledge of applicable Ghanaian laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
Experience and Skills
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel highly preferred
- Experience supporting donor funded procurements and subcontracts preferred
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs desirable
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with USAID/Ghana Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in English, both written and verbal, required
- Ghanaian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10th Oct. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED