Golden Star is a responsible employer and may conduct screening checks and assessment so as to support informed decision-making on hiring, promotion and development opportunities.
A vacancy exists at the Underground Department for the position of:
SENIOR MINE PLANNING ENGINEER
To design future mine layouts capable of achieving production and mine development objectives, taking into account the geological characteristics and structure of the mineral resource.
- Develop and/or deliver elements of a strategic planning system, with guidance from Senior
- Create and update development stope layout drawing using AutoCad on daily basis
- Plan the medium-term mine plans, according to approved
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical and/or professional solutions, as and when
- Recommend ways to improve policies, processes, standards and practices to support
- Ensure the mine plan complies with statutory
- Use comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently, while providing guidance and training to team members on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business
- Track budgets and bring variances to the attention of Senior colleagues, while working within established budgeting systems.
- Deliver specified outcomes and/or provide support services within a designated area of audit control by working within established
- Use comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently on costing, budgeting and finance tasks, while providing guidance and training to
- Perform other legitimate duties that will be assigned by supervisor from time to
Qualification and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or its
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in mine operations with focus in mine
- Must have working knowledge in Surpac and Mineshed modelling
- Good computer skills in Power Point, Word, Excel
- Certification in Mine
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licences (C Class) and can drive
- Flexible and willingness to assist with varied tasks and
Skills and Abilities
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Good interpersonal skills with high degree of teamwork
- Good communication (oral & written) skills
- Proven commitment and integrity in the discharge of duties
- Good report writing and analytical skills
Personal and Behavioural Competencies
- Customer focus
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Sense of urgency and collaboration
Remuneration Package and Growth Opportunities
This position goes with a very competitive package of salary, benefits and work roster.
It will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanized mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should submit applications which should include current CV, covering letter, birth certificate, educational certificates and other relevant documents, to [email protected] or the address below:
HR & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
- M. B. TARKWA
The closing date for submission of applications is 2 weeks from date of publication.
Note: Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED