- Location: Offshore, Ghana
- Residential Position
Employment Type: Permanent
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized independent oil and gas company focusing on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licenses across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking for a permanent Senior Jubilee Operations Engineer, based in Ghana. The position supports the OIM and will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to develop into a full-time OIM.
The individual will provide support in delivering budget and work planning activities, as well as planning long-term strategic and onshore activities. Tullow is looking for a candidate who can contribute to their major offshore production growth in Ghana.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- ible for collating offshore crew records to ensure the crew is adequately trained and competent to meet operational and emergency duties.
- Ensure offshore drills and exercises test plans to reduce risk from offshore operations and feedback to OIM.
- Member of loss reporting and review team to ensure production management expectations
- Support the offshore organization in realizing safety and operational excellence and promoting a safety culture.
- Represent OIM inappropriate contractor performance reviews with a focus on safety and operational excellence.
- Deputize for offshore management roles when required and demonstrate visible commitment and leadership to achieve excellent EHS performance when qualified and deemed competent for the delegate role.
- Onshore Representative of the Operational Safety Case ensuring compliance with the Safety Case requirements and ensuring workforce understands risks and technical support teams ensure safeguards are in place to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for the development of an installation EHS Plan to support improving health, safety, and environmental performance in collaboration with offshore leadership team and endorsement from the onshore leadership team.
- Member of the emergency response team onshore and in particular bridging between the OIM and the onshore incident commander.
- Operations are executed in a manner that meets or achieves good Oil & Gas Industry Standards relevant policies, standards, and procedures, and with legislation.
- Ensure 28- and 90-day plans are effectively planned, and maintenance and inspection programs meet maintenance management system requirements.
- Liaise with the onshore leadership team to ensure work deferrals have appropriate approvals, ensuring performance standards are maintained.
- Support breakdown work to achieve the planned plant availability and maintenance of systems integrity and class requirements.
- Coordination with vendors, contractors, and onshore technical support.
- Member of operations readiness reviews for operations or project work activities to ensure the changes or campaigns are executed safely and efficiently.
- Work closely with 3rd Party Contractors to ensure that all EHS, Security, Production, Maintenance, Integrity, and Marine-related processes meet Tullow standards.
- Support offshore leadership team to ensure work activities have appropriate financial commitments and approvals before commencing work.
- Provide input to the annual budgeting process in line with integrated asset planning expectations.
- Ensure offshore commitments have appropriate management focus to ensure Inspection and surveys meet independent verification body and legislative requirements.
- are delivered and loss reporting actions are implemented.
- Member of incident review team as appropriate to ensure all root causes of incidents, accidents, and non-conformances are reported and corrective actions are taken.
- Mentor local Ghana staff, in order for them to acquire the necessary skills and experience to develop into Operations Management positions.
- Industry experience preferably within the FPSO operations environment of which 5 years experience in offshore capacity in Offshore Operations.
- Knowledge of FPSO management of offshore safety, production operations, maintenance, integrity management, and deep-water drilling operations.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems and application of EHS working practices to a high standard.
- Recent related experience within the international offshore oil & gas industry.
- Ideally have business/commercial experience.
- Proven man-management capability, team builder/leader experience, and good written and oral communication skills are also essential.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with similar scope of work and responsibilities.
- Computer literate and effective with “Office” software suite.
- Management and interpersonal skills to interact with and coordinate the activities of contractors and within own multi-discipline project team.
- OIM Assessment & regulations would be preferable and required for delegation.
- Management of Major Emergencies training would be preferable and required for delegation.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR an equivalent Tertiary Level Education
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network.
We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives, and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED