The Wikimedia Foundation seeks a dynamic Senior Copywriter professional excited to elevate the voices and stories of the free knowledge movement.
The Copywriter will play a critical role in supporting the Brand Studio in connecting global audiences and lifting up the narrative of the future of free knowledge in the world.
This is a highly collaborative role for a conceptual creative, with regular opportunities to apply big picture thinking for key initiatives and campaigns in close partnership with peers and colleagues in the Brand Studio, Communications team, across the Wikimedia Foundation, volunteer community members, organisational partners, movement leaders and other figures working in partnership toward Wikimedia’s mission of free knowledge for all.
You are responsible for:
- Interpreting creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution
- Writing original copy and editing content for a range of creative / marketing materials
- Collaborating with a team from concept development to delivery of final product
- Presenting concepts and final deliverables to internal teams and communities
- Revising copy based on internal feedback and direction
Skills and Experience:
- An adaptive and detail-oriented leader with an interest in understanding, supporting, and expanding the voice of the Wikimedia movement and the Wikimedia Foundation, a high energy for and commitment to the Wikimedia Foundation’s free knowledge mission
- Strong organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects at once, an interest in both independent and collaborative work
- Experience in developing and maintaining systems and documentation for projects with multiple moving parts and stakeholders
- A strong interest in writing, communications and desire to learn
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, editing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong research skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and excel in a fast-paced, multitasking environment that often requires fast turn‐around
- Intellectual curiosity, flexibility, and a desire to tackle challenging problems
- The ability to flourish in a highly transparent and collaborative environment and work on a team with diverse demographic and cultural characteristics
Qualities that are important to us:
- Resilience—we work on new and interesting problems in public and collaborative way
- Being open, curious, and inquiring in our work
- Internal motivation and high standards
- Working together for outcomes, and being willing to let go to scale or change course
- Sharing a culture of constructive criticism and respect
- Natural inclination for team collaboration and for helping colleagues succeed
Additionally, we’d love it if:
- You can ideate and write in two or more languages
- You currently live and work outside of the United States
- You are a writer with a diverse lived experience.
- 4-6 Years as a conceptual copywriter in advertising or marketing
- Cover letter: We’d like to know about you. More than what your CV/Resume would say.
- Three examples of your best work, demonstrating an ability to solve problems with a big idea and execute them in different ways
- Your CV/Resume
Method of Application
Closing date: Ongoing
About The Company
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects.
Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference.
We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED