Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Senior Biosafty Officer at National Biosatey Authority
- Company: National Biosatey Authority
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collates relevant data for the formulation of policies;
- Implements programmes and activities of the Unit(s); 3. Establishes a system for the receipt and processing of applications;
- Provides inputs for the establishment of administrative mechanisms for the appropriate handling and storage of documents and data in connection with the processing of applications;
- Collects relevant information for the drafting of permits and associated terms and conditions in
- consultation with the legal unit; 6. Provides inputs for the preparation of draft communication on relevant matters to applicants.
- TAC, other experts and the public;
- Verifles clients’ compliance with approval conditions;
- Leads in the inspection of facilities,
- Leads in the investigation of complaints and breaches of terms and conditions: 10. Facilitates the performance of enforcement activities in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Collates inputs for use by Regulatory Agencies for their inspection and compliance activities;
- Conducts public education and sensitization on the Unit’s activities in collaboration with the Public Relations Unit;
- Facilitates the building of industry capacity in biosafety inspection
- Provides inputs for the development of project proposals for the Unit(s);
- Provides inputs for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Unit(s);
- Provides inputs for the preparation of annual work plan and budget of the Unit(s);
- Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant post Bachelor’s degree work experience in a relevant organization;
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Good research and analytical skills. Knowledge of project and programmes management.
- High integrity and good ethical standards.
- Team player.
- Good knowledge in biosafety enforcement procedures.
- Knowledge in relevant Conventions and Treaties. Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations,
- Good networking skills.
- Good leadership and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
- Good strategic planning.
- Monitoring and evaluation skills. Guidance and counselling.
- Proposal writing skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED