SEND Ghana Latest Job Opportunity
Job Title: ALP Advisor
The Social Enterprise Development Foundation of West Africa (SEND West Africa) was founded in Ghana in 1998 and it established Programmes in Liberia and Sierra Leone in 2004.
SEND Ghana later mentored SEND Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone into recognized national civil society organizations contributing economic development and good governance promotion in their respective countries.
The vision of SEND Ghana is “A Ghana where people’s rights and well-being are guaranteed” with a mission “to promote good governance and equality of men and women in Ghana”.
SEND Ghana is partnering Street Child, UK to implement an Accelerated Learning Programme (ALP), a component of the Ghana Education Outcomes Project (GEOP) in six districts of the Northern Region of Ghana., namely Gushegu, Karaga, Yendi, Nanumba North, Nanumba South and Kpandai Districts with the goal of contributing to ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 4).
This Advisor position is a full-time field-based position. The position holder shall be based in a designated district in the Northern region. He/she shall be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of ALP activities in a designated district and project communities.
The role involves stakeholder engagements, community animation, establishment as well as monitoring, supervising, and motivating the ALP facilitators working in the classes in the communities. of ALP classes, providing support to facilitators and teachers.
Working closely with the Lot Operations Manager, and in collaboration with Ghana Education Service (GES) and other relevant stakeholders, to carry out effective implementation of the ALP in the District.
Functions / Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities and functions of the Advisor include:
Organise and conduct animation for ALP in the communities
- Participate in community entry and mobilization, formation of local committees, project launch, and registration of learners in the communities, and Learners’ graduation and transitioning into formal school system
- Assist the Community local committees in identification of facilitators in the district and participate in their training of facilitators
- Develop and Implement strategies for the recruitment of female facilitators
- Participate in sensitization of local committees, traditional and opinion leaders
- Assist the Community local committees in identification of facilitators in the district and participate in their training.
- Educate and encourage beneficiary communities to support community teachers
- Conduct training of Local Management Committees
- Distribute learning materials and/or working tools for facilitators and Local Management Committees
Training of community teachers/facilitators and GES teachers
- In co-operation with the Lot Manager and implementing partners / Ghana Education Service (GES) identify and train community teachers/facilitators and Local Management Committees
- Organise and participate in initial and refresher courses for community teachers/facilitators
- Offer on the job tutorial to community teachers/facilitators
- Support to conduct in-service training of teachers/facilitators in co-operation with implementing partners
- Participate in the training of ALP facilitators and/or beneficiary teachers of MSIP
- Supports to deepen communities’ understanding and appreciation of the organization by increasing their knowledge the strategies of SEND/ALP
Monitor, supervise and motivate ALP community teachers/Facilitators
- Regular field visits to ALP classes to monitor and give constructive supervision to community teachers/Facilitators
- Ensure all teaching and learning materials are delivered timely to classes
- Assist facilitators in the registration of children into ALP classes and the integration of graduates into the formal school
- Regular monitoring of ALP classes and provision of mentoring and coaching support to ALP class facilitators and Local Committees or MSIP teachers.
- Develop and manage Learners, Facilitators and Local Committees data at the district level.
- Assist the facilitators in data collection at community level including the tracer studies
- Promotes greater accountability and good governance with partners and communities
Documentation and Reporting
- Firstly, Identifies key issues that affect the district and present to management for development of concepts and funding proposals.
- Secondly, Compile and submit monthly and situational reports from beneficiary communities to the Lot Manager and assist the Manager in the report writing
- Thirdly, Supports to write good quality concept notes and proposals to raise funds and report on donor projects where relevant
- Then, Carry out regular Monitoring visits to transitioned schools to track and find out how integrated learners are faring.
- Ensures value for money and cost effectiveness in all transactions
- Handing the resources of the organization with care
- Perform any other duties as and when Management deems fit in the interest of the organization.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Basic Education, Social Sciences, Integrated Development Studies, or any relevant field from a recognised university.
- Diploma in Education, Integrated community Development or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university, plus relevant field experience.
- A professional teacher.
- At least two (2) years of field experience working in rural communities, NGO’s or in the field of Basic Education, Literacy, or community development.
- Experience implementing the Complementary Basic Education (CBE) programme or Literacy and Numeracy improvement programs would be an added advantage
- Experience using Learner Centred Methodology and other participatory approaches of facilitating active learning
- Knowledge of various Ghanaian culture and practices is an added advantage
- Experience in facilitation and supervision
- Experiences with managing, co-ordinating and implementing project activities
- Knowledge of gender analysis
- Familiarities with local customs and traditions of Northern Ghana
- Resident or preparedness to reside in the district of appointment
- Ability to ride motorcycle and possess a valid motor riding licence)
- Experience in writing reports to donors
- Must have proactive attitude: willingness and ability to take initiative
- Ability to recognize and analyse problems and develop solutions to them
How to apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their Cover letter and CV documents in a single document in PDF only with three (3) professional referees to email@example.com with the subject heading “ALP Advisor” addressed to the Human Resource Manager, SEND GHANA, Accra.
Closing Date: 11:59pm GMT, December 15, 2022.
How to Apply for this SEND Ghana Latest Job Opportunity
Closing Date: 23rd December 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED