Securities and Exchange Commission Job Vacancy
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which is the statutory body mandated by the Securities Industry Act, 2016 (Act 929) to regulate and promote the growth and development of an efficient, fair and transparent securities market in which investors and the integrity of the market are protected, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position of Assistant Manager, Legal and Enforcement – (3)
To ensure compliance by market operators on the provisions of the Securities Industry Law, including licensing, surveillance and inspections of the market operators and maintaining the appropriate registers.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Firstly, Provide interpretation and assist with the implementation of relevant laws. regulations and directives relating to the work of the SEC.
- Secondly, Represent the Commission in litigation either with the Commission’s Legal Team or with its External Solicitors.
- Thirdly, Conduct extensive legal research and analysis and provide legal opinions when required.
- Furthermore, Handle, formulate and draft legislation, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc. and amendments thereof as required by the SEC.
- Moreover, Ensure the compliance by market operators with the provisions of the securities industry laws, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc., including licensing of the market operator.
- Additionally, Assist in instructing, liaising and evaluating solicitors in the provision of services to the Commission.
- Also, Prepare contracts and other legal documents to protect the interest of the Commission.
- Then, Monitor evolution of the regulatory framework, make impact analysis and update management.
- More so, Identify legal risks for the Commission and provide advice.
- Besides that, Provide corrective action in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Afterwards, Resolve problems in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Last but not least, Provide Company Secretarial Services in the absence of the Board Secretary.
- Finally, Work under the Head, Legal and Enforcement and with other members of the department and other departments when required etc
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Professional qualification in Law (BL).
- Must be a member of the Ghana Bar Association and in good standing.
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s in Law (LLM) in a field relevant to the SEC will be an advantage.
- A minimum of (6) six years at the Bar with relevant work experience, two (2) of which must be in a managerial position in a reputable organisation.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required for the Available Position:
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations and guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
- Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Creative, innovative, and good business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Excellent organisational and communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including prioritising of activities.
- Ability to influence colleagues to work towards achieving the department’s objectives.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills. Trustworthiness.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
How to Apply for Securities and Exchange Commission Job Vacancy
Qualified and interested candidates should kindly apply through this link https://sec.gov.gh/careers/ by submitting a covering letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae, including contact telephone numbers and email addresses of two referees.
CLOSING DATE: 24th June, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED