The Position/Job Description
The College Secretary is the head of the Office of the College Secretariat. He/she is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and reports to the Principal.
The College Secretary shall:
- Assist the Principal in the day-to-day administration and management of the College
- Be in charge of all administration, secretarial and Personnel matters of the College
- Be the Secretary to the College Council, all Committees of Council, as well as Statutory Committees of the College;
- Ensure the functioning of all Boards and standing Committees of the College and be responsible for the co-ordination of the College’s strategic planning, policy formulation and implementation; and
- Perform any other official function as may be assigned by the Governing Council or delegated by the Principal.
The candidate must,
- Hold a good first degree and minimum of master’s degree, preferably in Administration and Management-related fields;
- Have served as a Deputy College Secretary in a College of Education or Senior Assistant Registrar in a tertiary institution or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years;
- Be capable of planning, organising, implementing and administratively managing all activities related to the Office of the College Secretary;
- Have considerable knowledge, experience and understanding of the tertiary education structures and environment in general;
- Should be able to develop and implement strategies to achieve the mission and vision of the College;
- Be capable of working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Have strong Intellect and proven emotional stability and integrity;
- Be computer-literate; and
- Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
HOW TO APPLY
For the Position of the Principal applicants should attached a two-page vision statement. All applicants should add updated soft and hard copies of Curriculum Vitae,
Application Letter, Names and addresses of three (3) copies of sealed recommendation letters anti Photocopies of Certificates to their letters and address it to [email protected] and post a copy to:
C/O PEKI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 14
PEKI AVETILE, V/R
All applications should reach the above address at or before 3:00 pm on Thursday, 9th April. 2020.