Sabre Education Calls For Job Applications
POSITION: Programme Officer
Sabre Education is a well-known non-governmental organization (NGO) that works in the field of Early Childhood Education (ECE). With 19 years of expertise, we have actively cooperated on several effective programs with the Ghana Education Service.
We are currently looking for a Programme Officer for the Savanna district of Bole.
- Programme Department: Bole District, Savannah Region
- Direct Report: Nil Immediate Supervisor: Programme Manager Contract Term: 1Year
Working with Education Directorates in the various MMDAs, the job holder will support the Implementation Teams (DITs/MITs) and the District/Municipal/Metropolitan Teacher Support Teams (DTSTs/MTSTs), collaborating with these teams to implement teacher training initiatives aimed at KG teachers, headteachers, and GES officers, and reporting to the Director of Education.
The primary goal of the job holder is to guarantee that district teams obtain the knowledge and tools needed to equip KG teachers to apply the standards-based KG curriculum’s active play-based approach to learning.
The incumbent will be in charge of managing engagement with key stakeholders such as parents, MMDA officials, private providers, local branches of teacher unions, and the Regional Education Directorate in the region where the district is located.
- Coordination of activities with the education directorate (DED/MED) through the District Implementation Teams (DITs) and, more specifically, the District Teacher Support Teams (DTSTs) to implement the National ECE INSET Package, with the goal of assisting teachers in effectively implementing active-play based methodologies for instructing young children at the kindergarten level in accordance with the standards-based curriculum.
- Working through the District Implementation Team (DIT), provide important updates to the Director of Education and make recommendations for the Director to engage the district/municipal/metropolitan education oversight committees (DEOC/MEOC) for assistance in resolving any issues outlined in the report, as well as for the Director to seek support from community leaders and parents on any issues pertaining to their children’s welfare.
- Develop KG teacher networks into professional learning communities (PLCs) in clusters where teachers can share best practices in accordance with Ghana Education Service/Ministry of Education regulations.
- Organize termly stakeholder review sessions at the district/group level to examine progress and course-correct past actions/initiatives.
- Collaborate with colleagues to co-facilitate the DTST’s training of trainers (ToTs) on the usage of the National ECE INSET manual for training KG teachers.
- Continuously supervise and support the DIT/MIT, DTST, KG teachers, headteachers, and GES officers.
- Assist the ECE Technical Manager(s) in the development and review of training materials that are consistent with the existing curriculum.
- Advocate for the National ECE INSET Package and the application of active play-based methodology to stakeholders in the district and region of implementation.
- Contribute to any other efforts that advance the goals of Sabre’s KG program.
- Assist the Regional Education Directorate in preparing monitoring visits and engagement meetings with the education directorate on a regular basis.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Use of organizational resources efficiently to meet goals (budget and time)
- Maintain high-quality standards in service delivery.
- Ensure that the project’s goals for the time period are met.
- During the period, demonstrated ability to engage a diverse variety of stakeholders
Required Qualifications or Experience
- Capability to enhance adult learning by utilizing interactive and engaging ways
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with a variety of people, including teachers, principals, Ghana Education Service personnel, community leaders, and parents.
- Capability to coordinate key stakeholders’ actions at the national, regional, district, and community levels in order to achieve project outcomes
- Capability to reflect on project-related activities, document and report major outcomes, and make observations/take notes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other IT applications for delivering work products.
- An understanding of project management principles (cost/quality/scope management) is required.
- Early childhood education or child development knowledge
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated to make a difference in the lives of children by utilizing the current educational system
- Prepare to unlearn, learn, and grow.
- Receptive to the demands of key stakeholders (teachers and principals) and capable of assisting teachers and other stakeholders in shifting away from long-held ideas and practices about rote learning and toward the adoption of active-play-based approaches
- Be a valuable member of the team.
- Demonstrate problem-solving creativity at all levels of project implementation.
Qualifications and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, or a comparable field, plus three years of relevant professional experience
- Prior classroom teaching or facilitation experience is advantageous.
- Preferred Applications for Candidates:
- We invite applications, particularly from those living in the country’s north.
How to Apply
Please send all applications to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 22nd October, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED