- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Rubber Liner – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Rubber Liner – Process Plant is accountable for executing the tasked rubber-lining of pipes, spools and hoppers within the Processing Plant. The work is to be executed in a safe and compliant manner as instructed for refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Process Plant.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute rubber lining refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine, tool, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Operate all equipment within the safe working environment. For cranes, respect load movement and give correct instructions (to Rigger) for the Crane Operator and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or it is unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Completed training as Rubber Liner (Certificate of Competence)
- Certificate of successful completion of respected mechanical trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in a mechanical trade or as Rubber Liner
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent a mechanical trade
- Fully competent in rubber lining
- Knowledge in crane safe operation
Method of Application
Closing Date: 5th March 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED