- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Accra
- Consultant Hervine Muya
- JobRef: 50723483/001
A new and exciting position has just opened up in Ghana, for a Shipping and Logistics Operations Manager at an International Maritime company.
About the company:
The company operates in Nigeria, West Africa, and Africa, specializing in offshore business-related vessels, including tugs, accommodation barges, crew boats, and more across a wide range of equipment and solutions. Offering the entire suite of products and services across the entire value chain.
- Evaluate transportation costs and other expenses and verify that they are not more than the amount charged to clients, to ensure that a positive account balance is left at the end of every transaction
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes
- Inspect goods to be delivered to ensure that they are in the right quantity and quality. Supervise the loading of such goods into vehicles for delivery
- Liaise with transportation companies to create a good working relationship to be able to strike good negotiations for transportation of goods, and to prevent hiccups that may arise
- Give vivid directions and guidelines to shipping agents about the nature of goods and delivery locations, and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit
- Prepare invoice for orders and deliveries as part of record-keeping measures and evidence of a transaction
- Create a safe working environment for employees by putting in place safety measures to prevent accidents and complications that may arise during work
- University degree
- A postgraduate qualification
- Preference will be given to candidates with Maritime/shipping/logistics/oil and gas experience
Do not hesitate to apply for this position as Shipping & Logistics Operations Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED